- ADB debarred total of 31 companies in 2011. // Construction Europe;Apr2012, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p8
The article reports that according to investigations by Asian Development Bank's (ADB) Integrity Oversight Committee (IOC), the bank debarred 31 companies from participating on projects it funds in 2011 due to involvement of fraud.
- US Firms Tap ADB Funding. // China Business Review;May/Jun93, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p10
Focuses on the success rate of firms in the United States when they bid on Asian Development Bank (ADB) contracts. Hopes expressed by Janet Thomas, US liaison to the ADB in Manila, Philippines; Recommendation from Thomas; Specific suggestions.
- Business Week ranking includes three Indiana companies. Donhardt, Tracy // Indianapolis Business Journal;4/4/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p35
Reports on the emergence of Indiana-based companies Cummins Inc., WellPoint Inc., and Zimmer Holdings Inc. in the top fifty best performing companies in the "Business Week."
- Greenwich has critical role in region's economic vitality. Morrison, Mary Ann // Fairfield County Business Journal;4/17/2006, Vol. 45 Issue 16, p24
The article provides information on the business operations in Greenwich, Connecticut. It has been said that Greenwich's town leaders preferred to maintain the town's residential integrity and thus, limit the commercial development or expansion to the existing locations. Since the beginning of...
- Asia to Stay Ahead in Apparels: ADB Report. // Indian Textile Journal;Oct2006, Vol. 117 Issue 1, p17
The article reports that the strong performance of developing Asian suppliers of clothing to major markets will continue. The forecast is based on a report from the Asian Development Bank. The report also suggests that countries with preferential access will remain struggling despite China being...
- Asian Development Bank: Asia-Pacific Energy Needs Trillions. // Chemical Business;Nov2009, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p29
The article focuses on the report "Energy Outlook for Asia and the Pacific," released by the Asian Development Bank. According to the report, the Asia-Pacific region needs to invest between 7 trillion and 9.7 trillion U.S. dollars to meet the growing demand for energy. It expects that coal, and...
- Riding out the Tiger in 2010. Min Yong // Asia Insurance Review;Jan2010, p122
The article reports on the outlook for the insurance industry in Asia. It discusses the performance of the sector in 2009, with the balance sheets of non-life and life insurers have recovered substantially. According to a study by the Asian Development Bank (ADB), the emerging East Asian...
- ADB lent US$ 7.4 billion in 2006. // International Construction;Jun2007, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p8
The article reports on the approved loans by the Asian Development Bank (ADB) in 2006 in Asia. According to ADB's Annual Report 2006, the bank has approved U.S.$ 7.4 billion in 2006, a +28% increase over 2005. The report said that sustainable economic growth was the most prevalent theme in...
- Environmental regulations moving in the right direction. Moore, Peter // Export Wise;Winter2007, p18
The article reports that the Asian Development Bank, the African Development Bank and the World Bank have started to work with the government of Vietnam to harmonize the social and environment safeguard policies and practices to international standards. The article suggests that this process...