- BASIC STATISTICS: INTERNATIONAL COMPARISONS. // OECD Economic Surveys: Poland;Jul1998, Vol. 1998 Issue 14, p160
Presents tabular representations of the basic statistics of Poland in connection with economics in Organization for Economic and Development countries as of 1998. Population; Employment; Gross saving ratio.
- REGIONAL INDICATORS. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe;Jan2004, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p1
The article presents percentage growth in Gross Domestic Product (GDP), inflation rate and current account as a percent of GDP in various countries from the year 2002 to 2005. Percentage GDP growth in Hungary in 2002 was 3.3 and in 2005 it would be 3.8. Percentage growth rate of inflation in...
- IRAN: MACROECONOMIC DATA AND FORECASTS. // Iran Business Forecast Report;2006 1st Quarter, p2
The article presents the macroeconomic data and forecasts for Iran for the first quarter of the year 2006, consisting of nominal GDP ( in billion Iranian Rial), nominal GDP ( in billion US$), real GDP growth (%), population, and consumer price index (annual average, % y/y).
- REGIONAL INDICATORS. // Asia Monitor: China & North East Asia Monitor;Nov2004, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p1
The article presents statistical data on the economy of China and its neighboring countries viz. Hong Kong, Taiwan and South Korea. In China, real GDP growth stood at 8.0% in 2002, 9.4% in 2003 and it is forecasted that it would reach 7.9% in 2006. In Hong Kong, GDP growth rate stood at 1.9% in...
- Background Note: Angola. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Republic of Angola;Feb2008, p1
The article presents a country profile of the Republic of Angola. The country has a total area of 1,246,700 square kilometers, about twice the size of Texas. It is located on the South Atlantic Coast of West Africa and bordered by the Democratic Republic of Congo. Angola has an annual population...
- Final 4Q CDP Shows Economy Crew at 3.8%. Ferris, Craig T.; McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;3/31/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32101, p2
This article reports that real gross domestic product, the broadest measure of the economy's performance, rose at a 3.8% seasonally adjusted annual rate in the fourth quarter-- according 10 final figures released by the Commerce Department. The 3.8% final figure also compared with the 3.1%...
- Preliminary 4Q QDP Shows 3.8% Growth. Ferris, Craig T.; McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;2/28/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32079, p2
This article reports that real gross domestic product, the broadest measure of the economy's performance, rose at a 3.8% seasonally adjusted annual rate in the fourth quarter--far more than originally thought, according to preliminary figures released by the Commerce Department. The 3.8%...
- How they stack up. // Fortune;7/25/1994, Vol. 130 Issue 2, p130
Presents statistical data related to the economic conditions of various countries throughout the world. Information on gross domestic product, annual growth rate, population, education expenditure, and health care expenditure for various countries.
- Japan's economy Firming up? Jones, Randall // OECD Observer;Dec2004/Jan2005, Issue 246/247, p7
The article sheds light on the economy of Japan. Japan's overall growth rate in 2004 had raised hopes of a full recovery from the stagnation of the 1990s. But output suddenly sagged again, as new data showed three straight quarters of decline. But the economy can get back on track in 2005....