WTO Agreement Finally Ratified
- What Will WTO Membership Mean for China and Its Trading Partners? Adhikari, Ramesh; Yang, Yongzheng // Finance & Development;Sep2002, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p22
Discusses the impact of World Trade Organization (WTO) membership on the foreign trade and investment inflows in China. Commercial policy in China; Discriminatory provisions on China's market access; Benefits from China's WTO accession; Structural adjustments undertaken by Chinese industries.
- WTO members urged to salvage Doha negotiations. N. C. C. // Western Farm Press Exclusive Insight;12/19/2011, p5
The article offers information on the members of World Trade Organization (WTO), who are urging to salvage Doha negotiations. It states that WTO members must address the primary question causing the impasse in the negotiations, specifically what contribution major emerging markets (China, India...
- With or Without the WTO. Mooney, John // Export Today's Global Business;Jan2000, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p2
Discusses the significance of the collapse of the December 1999 World Trade Organization talks on cross-border trade and investment. Factors that affect international trade and investment; Issues in selling a product into a foreign market.
- Russia, U.S. Make Key Trade Step. Ellis, Kristi // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;11/21/2006, Vol. 192 Issue 108, p14
This article reports on a bilateral trade deal signed by the U.S. and Russia as a major step in Moscow's bid to join the World Trade Organization (WTO) and open its markets to more foreign investment. To complete its WTO bid, Russia must sign bilateral market access accords with Costa Rica,...
- Ten Years of WTO Membership: Gains for China and the US, but More Must Be Done. Frisbie, John // China Business Review;Oct-Dec2011, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p21
The article analyzes the membership of China in the World Trade Organization (WTO). There are areas in which further work needs to be done for China to be a more fully integrated member of the WTO. The entry of China in the WTO has also benefited the U.S. companies. China's foreign trade has...
- Chapter 3: Business Environment. // China Business Forecast Report;2006 1st Quarter, p21
The article focuses on the business environment in China. China's business environment is undergoing a period of reform, following the country's entry into the World Trade Organization (WTO) in December 2001. With its seemingly limitless supply of cheap labor, the country remains the top...
- Expected WTO Accession Boosts FDI. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Nov2005, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p1
The article reports that Vietnam will become an increasingly attractive destination for foreign investors in the years ahead, given the country's rapid economic growth and strengthening ties with the international community. This is largely due to the government's advancement of reforms designed...
- THE `Globalization' CHALLENGE. Litan, Robert E. // Brookings Review;Spring2000, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p35
Examines the role of the United States (US) in international trade and investments. Discussions on the economic policy of the US; Benefits of globalization; Criticism on the role of the World Trade Organization and the International Monetary Fund on US economy.
- What is Russia to Asia? Blank, Stephen // Orbis;Autumn2003, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p569
The article focuses on the strategic position of Russia in Asia. It is stated that Russia has become weak on all measures in Asia, and it needs help of Asian countries to become competitive. The absence of Russia from the World Trade Organization (WTO) is harming it seriously against China,...