Cementing Ties With China
- Limited Scope For Progress In Talks With US. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;May2009, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p7
The article presents the political outlook in Burma through 2009. According to Business Monitor International Ltd. (BMI) report, there is an absence of much scope for improvement in relations between the country and the U.S. due to the unchanged State Peace and Development Council (SPDC)...
- MYANMAR: RISK SUMMARY. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Mar2007, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p7
The article reports on the country risk ratings for Burma as of March 2007. The short-term political risk rating has been downgraded from 66.0 to 64.0 because of uncertainty on the expected succession of General Shwe Mann to General Than Shwe. The business environment rating remains at 19.8 and...
- Cyclone Turns Up Pressure On Regime. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Jun2008, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p7
The article presents the political outlook of Myanmar in 2008. Analysts note that the impact of Cyclone Nargis has worsened the sufferings of country's poor population. They see no greater risks of civil unrest in the wake of the cyclone. Moreover, the commitment of the top leadership to push...
- Country Risk Summary: MYANMAR. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Sep2004, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p7
The article provides various information related to Myanmar government and its economic condition. In June four small bombs exploded in Yangon over two days. No one has claimed responsibility for the attacks, but the government is pointing fingers at dissident groups based overseas. While...
- Myanmar: Country Forecast: Comment & Analysis. // Political Risk Yearbook: Myanmar Country Report;2004, p11
Analyzes the political and economic conditions in Myanmar as of January 2004. Tax reinstated on interest and commission from certain accounts; Relations with the International Monetary Fund
- Myanmar: Country Forecast: Political Framework. // Political Risk Yearbook: Myanmar Country Report;2004, p31
Presents information on the key political players in Myanmar. Labor leaders; Role of the International Monetary Fund; History of business
- Myanmar. // Political Risk Yearbook: Myanmar Country Report;2014, preceding pU-1
The article forecasts political and economic conditions in Myanmar for 2014-2018. It predicts real gross domestic product (GDP) growth, inflation and current account status for the period. It forecasts international investment and trade risks under three potential political regimes, including a...
- Chapter 1: Political Outlook. // China Business Forecast Report;2011 4th Quarter, Issue 4, p7
The article discusses the political forecast for China from 2011 to 2020, with details on political risk rating, political strengths, weaknesses, threats, opportunities, domestic politics, and foreign policies.
- Political Outlook. // China Business Forecast Report;2007 1st Quarter, p5
The article offers information about the political condition in China including its political risk ratings, domestic political outlook against corruption, and the country's growing involvement in Africa.