REGIONAL RISK PROFILE
- Thrive or dive in '05? Simonson, Ken // Fleet Owner;Dec2004, Vol. 99 Issue 12, p30
This article reports that most carriers had all the freight they could handle in 2004. Moreover, most have survived the unprecedented 70-cent-per-gallon increase in diesel prices because shippers have been more willing to accept fuel surcharges than at any time in the last 30 years. The...
- Update. // Traffic World;2/21/2005, Vol. 269 Issue 8, p44
Presents the economic indicators relating to the transportation industry in the United States as of February 2005. Diesel price index; Lufthansa fuel price index; United States Jet fuel spot prices; Domestic aircraft revenue load factors; Cass Freight Index.
- Gas Prices Are Up, and So Are Transit Costs. Stromberg, Meghan // Planning;Jul2008, Vol. 74 Issue 7, p40
The article reports on the move of transit agencies to increase fares in the U.S. in 2008. The main factor underpinning the increase is due to rising costs of fuel. According to Mantill Williams, director of advocacy communications for the American Public Transportation Association (APTA),...
- Update. // Traffic World;7/2/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 26, p36
Several charts are presented which depicts the economic condition of shipping industry in the U.S. including the Department of Energy's Diesel Price Index, Producer Price Index and the Cass Freight Expenditures.
- Update. // Traffic World;4/5/2004, Vol. 268 Issue 14, p36
Presents several charts depicting the economic indicators of transportation industry in the U.S. Department of Energy diesel price index; 2003 World's Largest Transportation Companies; Expected change in trucking rates by customer size.
- BY THE NUMBERS. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);11/15/2004, Vol. 5 Issue 46, p50
Presents statistical information on the transportation of goods to and from the U.S. as of November 15, 2004. Traffic and capacity of air cargo; Containerized ocean trade; Industrial Price Index.
- Update. // Traffic World;12/13/2004, Vol. 268 Issue 50, p36
Provides updates in transportation industry in the U.S. Diesel Price Index; Manufacturing shipments; Transportation Services Index; Producer Price Index.
- Update. // Traffic World;9/18/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 38, p44
Several charts and graphs are presented depicting the Diesel Price Index of the U.S. Department of Energy for the period September 11, 2005 to September 11, 2006, year-to-year percent change of manufactured goods shipments between May 2005 to May 2006, and transportation services index from...
- Fuel Price Raised in Beijing. // China Chemical Reporter;10/16/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 29, p5
The article reports on the rising fuel price in Beijing, China. The report shows significant increases for gasoline 93# and diesel effective October 7, 2008. The previously 6.37 renminbi (RMB) of the gasoline 93# per liter is claimed to have been up by RMB 0.17 in the area, amounting to RMB200...