Country Risk Summary: MYANMAR
- Pakistani American Congress Tackles Big Issues. Ibrahim, Mahin // Washington Report on Middle East Affairs;Sep2004, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p79
In the wake of U.S. President George W. Bush's naming of Pakistan as a major non-NATO ally earlier this year, and a $400 million U.S. aid package with a proposed $3 billion in the works, relations between Pakistan and the U.S. government have improved in recent months. The summit was a formal...
- Help on the Way. // Time;4/12/1968, Vol. 91 Issue 15, p114
The article reports on the economic aid from 450 leading financiers and economists from 29 countries to Israel. At a conference in Jerusalem, British banker Sir Siegmund Warburg announced a new holding company that would deliver an initial 100 million U.S. dollars in capital into Israeli...
- Meeting increases aid. Balch, Roger // Asian Business Review;May95, p10
Reports on the increase in foreign aid to Cambodia pledged at the International Conference for the Reconstruction of Cambodia in Paris, France in 1995.
- IV. List of aid activities in Asia, 2002. // Creditor Reporting System on Aid Activities -- Systeme de notifi;Mar2004, Vol. 2004 Issue 2, p18
Presents a glossary related to several conventions as part of the economic aid activities in Asia in 2002 used in the "Creditor Reporting System on Aid Activities" journal.
- Lucerne conference on the CIS-7 initiative. // World Trade;Mar2003, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p15
Reports that a conference on the seven poorest countries of the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS-7) ended in Lucerne, Switzerland with a call to donors to find ways to increase financial assistance on grant terms to the CIS-7. Issues that the CIS-7 Initiative aims to address; Countries...
- Aid Tied To Peace. // Asia Monitor: South Asia Monitor;Jul2003, Vol. 9 Issue 7, p7
Donors pledged Sri Lanka billions of dollars in economic assistance at a conference in the Japanese capital, Tokyo, but only if stalled peace talks between the government and Tamil Tiger rebels begin again. In late April 2003, Tamil Tiger Rebels announced they were suspending peace talks and...
- Bailouts need to be targeted. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;1/30/2009, Vol. 53 Issue 5, p6
The article presents author's comments on bailouts by governments of Middle East countries. It informs that Kuwait and Oman have also pledged to invest funds in their bourses, but the aim appears to be to prop up the markets as a whole, rather than identify the most important sectors. It...
- SUNY Ulster financial aid workshop. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;7/5/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 27, p3
The article offers information on the financial aid workshop offered by the State University of New York (SUNY) in Ulster to be held on July 13, 2010 in New York.
- Analyzing and comparing financial aid award letters. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;3/16/2009, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p24
The article offers information on the workshop on financial aid packages to be held at the St. John's Lutheran Church in Middletown in New York on March 26, 2009.