Country Risk Summary: VIETNAM
- Public procurement Spotting the bribe. // OECD Observer;Mar2007, Issue 260, p11
The article offers tips on how policymakers might detect bribery in public procurement and suggests ways of defeating it as well.
- Beware the new bribery law. Dias, Katee // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;2/11/2011, Vol. 201 Issue 4664, p40
A summary of the Bribery Act 2010 in Great Britain is presented.
- Bus Ã‰ireann launches an inquiry [...]. // Mail on Sunday;11/17/2013, p1
Bus Ã‰ireann launches an inquiry into bribe claims AN inquiry has been launched into allegations of corruption at Bus Ã‰ireann after an employee was accused of taking bribes.
- The British Are Coming...with New Bribery Rules. Verschoor, Curtis C. // Strategic Finance;Jun2011, Vol. 92 Issue 12, p12
The article discusses Great Britain's Bribery Act of 2010, which makes possible the prosecution of individuals or companies with connections to Great Britain irrespective of where the alleged bribery occurred. In the author's view it is even more powerful that the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices...
- Heal Thyself. Sowinski, Lara L. // World Trade;Mar2003, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p58
Comments on the issue of bribery and corruption confronting business and political leaders in the United States. Sectors in the U.S. that are prone to bribery; Ramifications of corruption; Suggestion to the U.S. government.
- ANTI-BRIBERY ENFORCEMENT. Deming, Stuart H. // International Law News;Spring2011, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p1
The article presents information related to the Bribery Act of 2010 in Great Britain.
- Risks. Varnum, Michael // Compliance Week;Jul2013 Anti-Bribery Supplement, p8
The article discusses the findings of the 2013 Anti-Corruption Benchmarking Report, in which 50% of the respondents said bribery and corruption risks will increase in the next 12 months. Another change in companies' anti-corruption risk is the proliferation of anti-corruption laws outside the...
- Punishment for Bribery and it exemption in rules in Islamic Republic of Iran. Mahtabi, Mahshid; Niazi, Yoseph; Naderi, Ghobad // International Journal of Academic Research in Business & Social ;Feb2013, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p147
There is the importance of security and public peace to maintain order in the society. Laws are offered in community when misuses and frauds are made. In this study, researchers first provide the definition of bribery: Thing that is given to someone ruling to favor a person or his decision or...
- BROKEN CHINA. Grant, James // Forbes Asia;10/2/2006, Vol. 2 Issue 16, p58
The article discusses the problems of bribery and embezzlement within the banking system in China. Misdeeds seem especially prevalent in the bustling city of Shanghai, where a dustup surrounding the alleged misappropriation of assets from the $1 billion city pension fund has led to the forced...