Country Risk Summary: CAMBODIA
- ECONOMY. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Cambodia;Mar2005, p13
Describes the economy of Cambodia as of March 2005. Reason behind the slowdown in the tourism sector; Percentage increase in gross domestic product; Difficulty in attracting foreign direct investment.
- ECONOMY. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Cambodia;Dec2007, p1
The article presents information on the economy of Cambodia. The government sector and tourism industry were responsible for the estimated 10% average economic growth rate since 2004, which also witnessed an increase in foreign direct investment. Its economy is reportedly dependent on foreign...
- The economics of latent demand in Cambodia. // Cambodia Economic Studies;2000, p14
Provides an overview of the economic fundamentals within Cambodia that can be used by the business community to determine the country's strategic market and investment potential. Key industries and relevant factors affecting the economy; Sources of latent demand; A comparison of its key...
- CAMBODIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Aug2011, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p6
The article offers information on the political, economic and business risk in Cambodia such as the commitment of Cambodia and France in strengthening their relations, the expansion of its banking sector, and the construction project for its bridge called "Cambodian-Chinese Friendship Bridge."
- ECONOMY. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Cambodia;Oct2004, p7
Provides information on the economic conditions of Cambodia. Background on the per capita income, education levels and the infrastructure of the country; Expansion of its garment-manufacturing sector; Reasons behind the decline of both the foreign direct investment and the tourism sector of the...
- Investment priorities mean bills may rise. Garrett, Paul // Utility Week;1/24/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p8
Predicts an increase in water prices in Great Britain due to the investment priorities of the government. Water company debt levels for each household; Main issues in terms of investment; Basis for expecting efficiency gains.
- Economic Slowdown In 2003. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Jun2004, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p6
Economic growth in Cambodia slowed during to 5.0% 2003 compared with 5.5% in 2002, marking the fourth consecutive year of slowdown. Main causes of the slower-than-expected growth in 2003 were the anti-Thai riots and the outbreak of Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome in the first half of the year,...
- ECONOMY. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Cambodia;Jun2007, p7
This article offers information on the Cambodian economy. The country's economy grew approximately 10 percent in 2004. The factors that contributed to the growth include the booming tourism industry, steady increase of inflation, and improved productivity within the garment sector. However, due...
- ECONOMY. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Cambodia;Jun2008, p7
The article presents information on the economic conditions of Cambodia. The kingdom's economy, which has expanded by over 10% annually since 2004, has been driven by the garment sector and the tourism industry. Since 1998, inflation in Cambodia has remained at steady and low levels, not...