Country Risk Summary: MYANMAR
- Aussie industry sounds alarm over U.S. talks. Murdoch, Blake // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;3/25/2003, Vol. 377 Issue 47, p82
The Australian government may be in alliance with the U.S. in its military action in Iraq, but the friendship between the two countries does not extend to their current Free Trade Agreement negotiations. Australia's film and TV agencies have warned that the U.S. is pushing to include...
- HONG KONG: RISK SUMMARY. // Asia Monitor: China & North East Asia Monitor;Dec2005, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p8
The article focuses on the risk involved in making investments in Hong Kong, China. Hong Kong Chief Executive Donald Tsang called for non-partisan support of the package of reforms, claiming that the changes would eventually lead towards the end goal of full democracy. Business activity in Hong...
- Oligopoly Power Producer's Capacity Investment Model with Contracts for Differences. Xinhua Zhang; Hairong Huang; Xiaohua Xia // Mathematical Problems in Engineering;2013, p1
This paper presents a three-level oligopoly power producer's capacity investment game model, whose first level considers optimal regulation policy, and second-level models producer's capacity investment strategy based on the analysis of power producer's equilibriumbiding strategy with capacity...
- Congress Spends Real Dollars--They Come From You. // Saturday Evening Post;Apr1976, Vol. 248 Issue 3, p34
Expresses view on inflation. Impact of inflation on life savings; Information on the social welfare in Chile; Explanation on inflation in the U.S.
- MANY ARE STILL ON RELIEF DESPITE THE INCREASE IN JOBS. McCORMICK, MARY J. // America;6/21/1941, Vol. 65 Issue 11, p289
The author examines why many are still dependent on programs of public assistance in the U.S. despite favorable economic conditions. She asserts that the problem lies on the inability of people to do work rather than lack of opportunity for work. She explains that the inability to work can be...
- CHARTING THE ECONOMY. // Business Press: Serving Southern Nevada;2/21/2005, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p3
Presents statistical and graphical information on Nevada's economic condition from January 2001 through December 2004. Total gambling win for the month of December; Decline in the number of new housing construction permits issued; Number of welfare cases.
- Welfare reform outsourcing attracts more flak. Conrad, Mark // Public Finance;4/27/2007, p8
The article reports that welfare reform proposals are condemn in Great Britain. An influential report commissioned by the Department for Work and Pensions and published by investment banker David Freud has polarized over the provision of jobseeking services. He called for services that hard to...
- Newfound interest in Africa. Clingman, James // Michigan Citizen;7/8/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 35, pA2
The article presents the author's views on how other countries, including China and Lebanon, invested for the natural resources of Africa while complicating the welfare of the people in the country.
- Teens face new welfare regime. McMillan, Virginia // New Zealand Doctor;5/23/2012, p10
The article reports on the 148.4 million New Zealand dollar budget to be used to set up a new welfare program in New Zealand beginning on July 1, 2012 and includes education for young beneficiaries and taking their living costs directly from their benefits.