Cambodia In Terrorism Cooperation
- Pouncing on the SAMs. Haystead, John // Journal of Electronic Defense;Nov2011, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p32
The article discusses suppression of enemy air defense (SEAD) systems capable of detecting quickly and destroying an enemy air defense system in real-time. It cites the anti-radiation missile (ARM) as the main weapon of choice and weapons like the U.S.-made AGM-88 High-Speed Anti-Radiation...
- MEADS Partners Consider Enhanced PAC-3 For Trinational System. Sirak, Michael // Defense Daily International;1/6/2006, p3
The article reports on the consideration for use of the Patriot Advanced Capability-3 (PAC-3) missile from Lockheed Martin Corp. for the tri-national Medium Extended Air Defense System (MEADS). The features and capabilities of the PAC-3 missile are mentioned. The flight tests that will be...
- Eastern Air Defence Complexes. Szulc, Tomasz // Military Technology;2011, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p70
The article focuses on the military air defence (AD) technologies in various countries including Russia, Poland and China. It notes that Russia is one of the world's leader in AD missiles with its AD systems and ballistic missiles exceeding other countries. It mentions that Poland plans to...
- Heated issues. Gershanoff, Hal // Journal of Electronic Defense;Feb99, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p10
Comments on the innovations made on air-defense systems. Capabilities of radar-directed surface-to-air missiles; Comparison of the amount spent on RF technology with that of infrared; Threat presented by man-portable air defense system to chief executive aircraft.
- Iraqi anti-SEAD techniques prove ineffective. Chaisson, Kernan // Journal of Electronic Defense;Feb99, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p17
Details the efforts of Iraq's Armed Forces to challenge the Coalition suppression-of-enemy-air-defenses (SEAD) aircraft patrolling in Iraq. Air defense system used by Iraq; Use of SEAD systems against a French Roland missile system.
- IFF, AMG, ECU/PPU and PM. // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;Jul2000, Issue 572, p36
Presents suggestions for Avenger missile system crews and repairmen. Importance of inspecting the identification friend or foe (IFF) interconnect box and cables before operations; Easiest way to track the 250 hours of environmental control unit/primary power unit usage.
- Missle Support for Expeditionary Forces. Eshel, Tamir // Military Technology;May2005, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p71
Evaluates the suitability of missiles in helicopters armed with precision-guided weapons for the new requirements of expeditionary operations and asymmetric warfare. Characteristics of accurate and light-weight missiles; Limitations of fire-and-forget missiles; Development of precision attack...
- INTEGRATION OF THE VSHORAD MISSILE WITH THE SMALL CALIBER ANTI-AIRCRAFT GUNS - A WAY FOR AN INCREASING EFFICACITY. RĂDULESCU, Marius; ŞANDRU, Vasile-Ioan // Proceedings of the Scientific Conference AFASES;May2013, p689
Battlefield is a dangerous zone for the ground troops, even outside of the fight actions. The aerial threat imposes to every unit to take air-defense measures. That refers to much type of targets, against which the weapons hit / kill probability are so different. Most actually solutions are...
- Bull's-eye Concludes Moving Target Test. Fulghum, David A. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;9/10/2001, Vol. 155 Issue 11, p33
Reports the development of an Affordable Moving Surface Target Engagement (Amste) concept to test operational capability of weapons in the United States. Range of the antiaircraft missiles; Procedures used in testing weapons; Concepts likely to be added in the program.