Country Risk Summary: THAILAND
- Inflation Exacerbates Economic Asymmetries. // Emerging Europe Monitor: South East Europe Monitor;Sep2008, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p4
The article focuses on the increase of inflation in Bulgaria. It states that inflation continued its surge in May 2008 with increased of consumer price index to 14.0% year-on-year, which reflects the increase of food and non alcoholic beverages. Moreover, it forecasts that inflation will further...
- Inflation and Prices. // Economic Trends (07482922);Aug99, p7
Forecasts inflation and prices in the United States (US) in August 1, 1999. Consumer price index in the US; Reports from US Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan; Non-inflationary measures to protect the US economy.
- October Price Statistics. // Economic Trends (07482922);Dec2008, p2
The article reports on how price indexes in the U.S. fared in October 2008. The Consumer Price Index (CPI) has declined at an annualized rate of 10.9 percent during the period. The core CPI has also decreased to 0.9 percent, its first price dip since December 1982. As energy and commodity prices...
- PRICES. // Economic Indicators;Mar1997, p22
Provides statistics on prices of consumer products in the United States in 1996. Rate of producer price increase; Inflation rate of consumer prices; Changes in the prices.
- Inflation remains tame. Thredgold, Jeff // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;9/27/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 14, p9
Offers analysis on the status of several economic indicators in the U.S. as of September 27, 2004. Economic implication of the deflation anxiety that emerged in 2003; Factors that contributed to increased inflation measures in the U.S.; Performance of consumer price indexes as of August 2004;...
- Inflation picture decent, not perfect. // Dow Theory Forecasts;10/21/2002, Vol. 58 Issue 42, p1
Reports on the increase in the Consumer Price Index (CPI) in the U.S. from 1999 to 2002. Effect of the growth of the Producer Price Index on CPI growth; List of inflation indicators.
- Are There Good Alternatives to the CPI? Steindel, Charles // Current Issues in Economics & Finance;04/15/97, Vol. 3 Issue 6, p1
Argues that the consumer price index (CPI) is still the most reliable indicator of changes in inflation despite the existence of alternative indexes in the United States. Criticisms on the CPI; Criteria that must be followed by analysts in constructing an aggregate price index; Problems that...
- Economy trumps fears of inflation-for now. Olson, Scott // Indianapolis Business Journal;3/23/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p17
The article reports on the issues concerning the impact of inflation on the economy in the U.S. It states that stimulus money could spark inflation, which would lead to raise interest rates and the Consumer Price Index. It also notes that inflation prospects are covered by greater concerns such...
- Consumer Price Index. // Croatia Country Profile;2007, p27
A chart and a graph are presented depicting the consumer price index inflation in Croatia from 2001-2006.