REGIONAL RISK PROFILE
- Local Elections Confirm CPP Is Still Dominant. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Jun2007, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p6
The article discusses the landslide victory of Cambodian People's Party (CPP) spearheaded by Prime Minister Hun Sen in Cambodia. The CCP had won 7,993 commune seats out of 11, 353 available, presenting the 70% of total seats. The 7,993 consisted with 1,591 chiefs, 1125 first deputy chiefs, 185...
- Country Risk Summary: CAMBODIA. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;May2004, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p6
The article presents economic conditions of Cambodia. Eight months after the July 2003 elections, Cambodia still has no government. The Cambodian People's Party of Prime Minister Hun Sen came first in the elections, but fell short of the two-thirds majority needed to rule alone. China has...
- Cambodia's Coalition Chaos. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Sep2003, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p1
July's general election brought victory for Prime Minister Hun Sen and his ruling Cambodian People's Party. But a coalition government will almost certainly have to be formed to secure a parliamentary majority. BMI View: Both opposition parties appear unlikely to agree. Months of uncertainty may...
- Leader Biography/Photograph. // Cambodia Country Review;2001/2002, p23
Profiles Hun Sen, prime minister of Cambodia. Date and place of birth; Civil status; Children; Education; Previous positions.
- Leader Biography. Coleman, Denise Youngblood // Cambodia Country Review;2013, p56
The article profiles Cambodia Prime Minister Hun Sen.
- I'd like 50 pounds on Nessie for PM, please. Rosenbaum, Martin // New Statesman;12/20/96-01/03/97, Vol. 125 Issue 4315, p47
Describes the trend in campaign strategies for the prime minister elections in Great Britain. Gambling in elections; Expected amount to be generated from betting; Political spread betting.
- Indira's Time of Trouble. // Time;6/23/1975, Vol. 105 Issue 26, p36
The article reports on the implications of the constitutional crisis India and the charges faced by Prime Minister Indira Gandhi. It claims that Gandhi's campaign irregularities in the 1971 parliamentary election resulted to prohibition of Gandhi to take her seat in Parliament and...
- Reducing the Gap Between the Rich & the Poor. Sen, Samdech Hun // Presidents & Prime Ministers;Sep/Oct2000, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p30
Presents an excerpt from the speech given by Cambodian Prime Minister Samdech Hun Sen on September 8, 2000 which deals with the ways to reduce the gap between the rich and the poor in the country.
- Free Speech Concerns. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Dec2005, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p6
The article focuses on a case that highlights the increasing restrictions on free speech in Cambodia. Prime Minister Hun Sen has taken to court a number of people whom he alleges are misrepresenting a recent border dispute between Cambodia and Vietnam. The case focuses on a recent border deal...