REGIONAL: Macroeconomic Data & Forecasts
- REGIONAL: Macroeconomic Data & Forecasts. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Mar2004, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p8
This article presents information on economic indicators in several Asian countries. The cut break of bird flu across Asia is likely to have a limited economic impact. So far cases of bird flu have been reported in the poultry flocks of over 10 countries, including Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia,...
- chapter 3: Bird Flu Scenario Tests. // Colombia Business Forecast Report;2006 2nd Quarter, p20
The article examines the economic effects of bird flu outbreak worldwide. The said outbreak is expected to cause considerable economic disturbance, tattered consumer confidence and the decline of gross domestic product.
- chapter 3: Bird Flu Scenario Tests. // Indonesia Business Forecast Report;2006 2nd Quarter, p20
The article discusses the effects of bird flu outbreak on the economy. The outbreak is expected to cause economic disruption with consumer confidence in he decline, tourism would plummet and the disruption of the labor supply.
- Moscow Industry. Popov, A. // Problems of Economic Transition;Aug99, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p74
Discusses the extent of financial and economic crisis that struck Russia and initiatives being taken by the Moscow government to revive the economy. Issuance of a directive cutting budget expenditures; Move by the Moscow government to restructure the food industry; Adoption by the Moscow City...
- If only this rate was at a record low. Aufenast, James // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;3/12/2009, Vol. 198 Issue 4568, p5
The article discusses various reports related to the financial cries published within the issue including one on the value for money given by industry bodies.
- INSIDER'S VIEW HONG KONG. Cotton, Neil // Campaign;2/3/2006, Issue 5, p13
The article focuses on issues related to marketing in Hong Kong, China. Marketers who think of Hong Kong and mainland China's consumers as placid Confucian collectivists would do well to take note of Hong Kong's ongoing "Silk Revolution" and ponder marketing to people with an increasingly...
- Country Risk Summary: THAILAND. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;May2004, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p2
The article presents economic conditions of Thailand. A bomb exploded in the tourist town on Sungai Kolok in late March 2004, wounding 30 people in the first instance of violence in southern Thailand spreading to tourist areas. Consumer prices climbed to a 33-month high in the year to March...
- Chapter 5: Bird Flu Scenario Tests. // Russia Business Forecast Report;2006 Q2, p36
The article presents a scenario test for the worldwide economic outlook which considers the possibility of a worldwide outbreak of avian flu. Economic disruption is predicted because of the direct impact of illness and death, and the indirect effect of a change in the behavior in the people in...
- DATA & FORECASTS. // Asia Monitor: China & North East Asia Monitor;Jul2006, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p7
The article presents an economic forecasts by Hong Kong government for the year 2004 up to 2006. For the first quarter of 2006, Hong Kong recorded a strong 8.2 percent economic expansion and expect to continue by strong export performance. But despite of this data, the government stopped raising...