Country Risk Summary: CAMBODIA
- No Justice for Revenge. Raxhimi, Altin // Transitions Online;2/24/2003, pN.PAG
Reports on the decision of the Tirana District Court in Albania on February 12, 2003 to dismiss several members of the Revenge for Justice group of conducting various acts of terrorism in the country since 1996. Reaction of the Tirana Prosecutors Office to the decision; Details on the...
- Defense lawyers. Goodrich, Lawrence J.; MacLachlan, Suzanne L. // Christian Science Monitor;2/8/95, Vol. 87 Issue 51, p2
Reports on the move by defense lawyers for a mistrial in the New York terrorism trial. Reasons for the move.
- Trial on hold. // India Today;3/1/2010, p9
The article focuses on the decision of India's Supreme Court to grant a stay on the trial of 4 Indian Mujahideen members in a Gujarat court for their involvement in a series of terror attacks in the country.
- EGYPT-SECURITY. // Middle East Reporter (Daily Edition);6/24/2010, Vol. 191 Issue 4880, p13
The article reports that Abdel Hamid Musa Abu Aqrab, Egyptian militant leader of Al-Gama'a Al-Islamiya's military wing, received a death sentence for killing two police commanders and for organizing bomb attacks against security officials and tourist in the 1990s.
- JORDAN-TRIALS. // Middle East Reporter (Daily Edition);8/18/2011, Vol. 199 Issue 5157, p14
The article reports that 150 Salafists are on trial in Jordan concerning their involvement in terrorist activities in front of the state security court at the Muwaqqar 1 rehabilitation and correctional center in southeast Amman.
- Slow motion. Fenyvesi, Charles // U.S. News & World Report;2/14/94, Vol. 116 Issue 6, p18
Questions why the prosecution in the trial of four men charged with the 1993 bombing of the World Trade Center in New York is presenting its case in tedious detail, summoning nearly 200 witnesses. Suggestion that the government is playing for time and wants to gain another postponement in the...
- SURVEILLANCE AND RESISTANCE IN THE CAMBODIAN ELECTIONS: The Prisoners' Dilemma? Hughes, Caroline // Southeast Asian Affairs;1999, p92
Re-examines the July 1998 elections in Cambodia to better understand the concepts underlying the `Prisoners' Dilemma.' Victory of the Cambodian People's Party (CPP) of most seats in the elections; Fear of voters of profound personal consequences on choice of votes; Contribution of two election...
- Cambodia Deserves a Bright Future. Waters, M. Dane // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Oct/Nov2003, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p38
Presents an observation on the status of political campaigning in Cambodia, as of October 1, 2003. Recorded cases of politically motivated crimes and election law violations; Limitations in political campaigning in the country; Information on how the international political consulting community...
- STATELINE. // State Legislatures;Mar2003, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p10
Presents news related to law and legislatures on various issues in the U.S. as of March 2003. Impact of budget deficits on the arts; Law on slandering women in Washington State; Contribution of technology to electioneering in Georgia; Amendment to a constitution concerning pregnant pigs in Florida.