Country Risk Summary: VIETNAM
- Over-valued Vietnamese dong tipped to fall in 2014. Lumley, Bill // Duty-Free News International;Dec2013, Vol. 27 Issue 13, p53
The article focuses on the measures being taken by the State Bank of Vietnam stabilize the Vietnamese currency dong. It mentions that the step will help the country attract Chinese visitors to duty-free stores as well as improve its economic condition. Topics discussed include long-term plans to...
- Destination: Abu Dhabi. Dennis, Juliet // Travel Weekly: The Choice of Travel Professionals;2/10/2006, Issue 1807, p27
The article reports that senior delegates from United Arab Emirates (UAE) Tourism Authority opened the country's first international tourism office in London, England, as it attempts to attract more Great Britain visitors. More than 100 members of the trade, including tour operators, travel...
- International Visitors to the U.S., 2002. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2005, p743
The article presents a chart, which provides information about the international travel visitors to the United States in the year 2003. Visitors each year are in millions. The source of the information is tourism industries, International Trade Administration and U.S. Department of Commerce.
- Cyprus acts on bird flu threat. Taylor, Ian; James, Caroline // Travel Weekly: The Choice of Travel Professionals;2/3/2006, Issue 1806, p5
The article reports that Cypriot authorities have reacted quickly to minimize any threat to tourism following confirmation of a case of avian flu in the north of the island. European Commission officials announced the discovery of the disease this week among poultry in northern Cyprus, which is...
- Tourism's Iraq battle. Kramer, Louise // Crain's New York Business;10/7/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 40, p1
Reports on the impact of the plan of the U.S. government to attack Iraq on the tourism industry. Decline in the tourism industry; Lack of concern of the executives on the economic impact of war; Plans for European sales trips to lure international visitors.
- Visitor Volume. // Business Press: Serving Southern Nevada;1/17/2005, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p3
Reports on the economic performance of the tourism industry in Las Vegas, Nevada as of November 2004. Information on the visitation rate at the region; Increase in leisure travel by domestic and international visitors in Las Vegas.
- Number of overseas tourists increases in Chicago. // Crain's Chicago Business;07/05/99, Vol. 22 Issue 27, p67
Reports on the growth in the number of overseas visitors travelling to Chicago, Illinois, from 1997 to 1998.
- More overseas travellers visit Canada. // Infomat: A Weekly Review;03/16/2001, p6
Provides statistical information on foreign travellers who visited Canada in 2000. Growth of foreign travel; List of countries that topped the overseas travel market.
- Foreign travellers spend more in Canada. // Infomat: A Weekly Review;6/7/2002, p5
Reports on the decline in international travel in Canada. Difference between spending by foreign visitors and Canadian spending abroad; Travel balance with countries other than the U.S.; Amount spent by American visitors.