Country Risk Summary: THAILAND
- Thailand. // Political Risk Yearbook: Thailand Country Report;2011, preceding pPRI-1
A political risk report for Thailand as of December 2010 is presented. The country's overall standing in the Global Political Risk Services (PRS) Risk Index is provided. Highlights of the forecast for Thailand include a moderate risk of turmoil in international business, 4.3% real gross domestic...
- Country Risk Summary: THAILAND. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 2;Apr2003, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p2
Presents political, economic and business risks faced by Thailand as of April 2003. Concerns regarding the ongoing U.S.-led war on Iraq; Year-on-year percentage growth in gross domestic product of the country in the fourth quarter of 2002; Increase in consumer confidence index in February 2003.
- THAILAND: RISK SUMMARY. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Jan2009, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p2
The article focuses on the current political, economic and business environment in Thailand. It is reported that the chance of clashes between pro- and anti-government supporters may rise because the People's Alliance For Democracy has launched its final battle to dislodge the government....
- THAILAND: RISK SUMMARY. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Mar2011, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p2
The article reports on the business environment, political and economic risk in Thailand including the merger between hypermarket chains Big C and Carrefour SA, a lawsuit filed by lawyers against Thai Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva, and the confidence of Finance Minister Korn Chatikavanji that...
- THAILAND: RISK SUMMARY. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;May2008, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p2
The article presents a summary of Thailand's political, economic and business risk assessment. The country's political risk has risen to 69.6 following the parliamentary election in December 2007. Moreover, the export sector reported an alarming decline in its export growth, which is viewed by...
- Country Forecast. // Political Risk Yearbook: Thailand Country Report;2009, p2
This article presents a country risk profile for Thailand as of March 2008 for next 18-month and five-year periods, including political stability, risk to international business and real gross domestic product growth rate. It explains that there is a 55% chance within the next 18-month of an...
- THAILAND. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Aug2002, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p4
Presents a country risk summary in Thailand. Decline of the government popularity; Improvement of gross domestic product; Details of the legislation affecting foreign investment.
- Thailand: Country Forecast: Current Data. // Political Risk Yearbook: Thailand Country Report;2005, p5
Reports on the economic conditions in Thailand in 2004. Political fact sheet; Domestic economic indicators; International economic indicators; Social indicators; Regional real GDP growth; Regional inflation rates; Economic performance profile; Population; Work force distribution.
- Stage Set For Subdued Growth. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Jul2011, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p1
The article reports on the political and economic outlook for Thailand from 2010 to 2011. It reveals a slowdown on the country's gross domestic product (GDP) growth from 7.8% in 2010 to 3.6% in 2011. It mentions that the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) has been consistent to be...