Country Risk Summary: LAOS
- Further Short-Term Depreciation. // Emerging Markets Monitor;1/27/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 39, p10
Presents economic forecasts for Paraguay in 2003. Investment trends; Rate of imports and exports; Impact of fiscal policy.
- No Positives Until 2011. // Latin America Monitor: Central America Monitor;May2009, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p8
The article provides an economic outlook for Costa Rica in 2009. It is predicted that the country could experience a 3.1% contraction in 2009, which would be its worst annual performance since 1982, and a zero growth in 2010. Fixed investment and exports are believed to fall by 4.0% and 20.0%,...
- Surplus Moderation. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 2;Sep2006, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p6
The article presents an economic outlook for Singapore for 2006 and the forthcoming months. The current account surplus is expected to narrow in due time, given the robust real exchange rate, weakening global economy, strong domestic demand, and foreign direct investment inflow. Exports shall...
- Medium- and Long-Term: Outlook. // Malaysia Country Monitor;Jan2012, p21
The article discusses the economic outlook for Malaysia. Its economic growth is expected to be affected by its high dependence on exports. The risk of complacency and loss of competitiveness are expected as rapidly reforming economies attracts foreign investment inflows to the country. The...
- China Policy Will Be Crucial. // Emerging Markets Monitor;7/21/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 15, p6
Presents economic forecast on Malaysia. Prediction on the Malaysian ringgit; Performance of the export sector; Outlook on investment flows.
- INVESTMENTS: AN APPROACH TO THEIR FORECAST. Kharazishvili, Y. M.; Nazaraga, I. M. // Actual Problems of Economics / Aktual'ni Problemi EkonomÃ¬ki;Sep2012, Vol. 135 Issue 9, p213
The article determines the dependence of investments upon export of goods (and services) and presents one of the approaches to investments forecast which is based on this dependence. At this, export of commodities and services is determined as a function of world prices for key exported goods....
- Challenges In Monetary Management. // Latin America Monitor: Central America Monitor;Aug2003, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p5
Presents the economic outlook for Costa Rica in 2003. Performance of the export sector; Decline of foreign direct investment in the first quarter of 2003; BMI forecast scenario.
- External Position Secure. // Asia Monitor: China & North East Asia Monitor;May2007, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p6
The article reports on the external position of the economy in Hong Kong, China. Strong investment inflows will help ensure that Hong Kong's overall balance of payments position remains healthy. The country's export growth remained strong throughout 2006, despite expectations of a slowdown....
- Exporters Look to Stage Comeback in 2003; Iraq a Variable. Cziborr, Chris // Orange County Business Journal;12/30/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 51, p6
Focuses on the hopes of exporters for the growth of trade industry in Orange County, California for 2003. Factors influencing the growth of the export industry; Rate of projection gain of local exports; Information on export agreement of the county with other nations.