Country Risk Summary: ZIMBABWE
- Regional and Country Risk/Reward Ratings. // Algeria Oil & Gas Report;Q1 2012, Issue 1, p29
The article presents an overview of regional and country risk/reward ratings of countries in the African region. The resumption of oil and gas production in Libya has increased the African market's Composite Business Environment scores. It outlines the factors that helped South Africa secure the...
- Political Risk and the Erosion of Control: The Case of the Oil Industry. Ghadar, Fariborz // Columbia Journal of World Business;Fall82, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p47
The author evaluates the increasing nationalization of multinational oil companies (MNOCs). As the MNOC loses control over its operations, political risk increases, profits decline and the oil company is nationalized. Since this sequence of events is predictable, the author recommends firms to...
- Country Risk Summary: ZIMBABWE. // Africa Monitor: Southern Africa;Apr2003, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p7
Reports on the political and economic risks associated with Zimbabwe. Problem due to low profile of opposition party MDC in the country; Inability of finance minister to present strong economic policy; Threats for business environment due to shortage of fuel and foreign exchange.
- Country Reports - Zimbabwe. // Zimbabwe Country Monitor;2015, p1
A country report for Zimbabwe as of December 2015 is presented from publisher IHS, with topics including economic growth, country risk and political structure and key political figures.
- Business Environment Ratings. // Iran Oil & Gas Report;Q2 2011, Issue 2, p28
The article discusses the growth outlook, market conditions, and risk profile of the oil and gas industry of Middle East countries including Iran, Iraq, and Israel. It presents the business environment ratings of these countries which have been broken down into upstream and downstream segments....
- Zimbabwe: Country Forecast: Political Framework. // Political Risk Yearbook: Zimbabwe Country Report;2003, p31
Presents an analysis of the country risk forecast for Zimbabwe from a political perspective for the year 2003. Leadership of President Robert G. Mugabe; Movement for democratic change; Influence of politics on the nation's business community; Role of the military in the attainment of political...
- ZIMBABWE: RISK SUMMARY. // Africa Monitor: Southern Africa;Mar2009, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p4
The article provides an overview of the political and economic risks facing Zimbabwe in 2009, as well as the business environment of the country. It states that the political risk rating of the country is falling at 25.8 in the short term category due to the increasing domestic tensions....
- Country Risk Summary: ZIMBABWE. // Africa Monitor: Southern Africa;Jun2004, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p7
This article reports on political risks in Zimbabwe. Not content with having driven the country's most productive farmers into exile, the Robert Mugabe, a political leader of Zimbabwe, regime has now turned its attention to the country's private educational establishments. Some head teachers...
- Country Risk Summary: LIBYA. // Africa Monitor: North Africa Monitor;Feb2003, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p8
Presents information regarding political and economic risks in Libya as of January 2003. Political risks regarding relations with the U.S. and the rest of Africa; Importance of oil industry for Libya; Factors that show the improving business environment.