Political Paralysis Continues
- IRISH HOME RULE AND THE GREAT SEPARATION IN THE LIBERAL PARTY IN 1886: THE DIMENSION OF PARLIAMENTARY LIBERALISM. Luberow, W.C. // Victorian Studies;Winter83, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p161
Focuses on a study which analyzed the parliamentary division lists in Ireland to examine the separation in the Liberal Party in 1886. Information on the voting scales for the House of Commons; Average index likeness score for major parliamentary voting dimension; Politics in the country.
- GOVERNMENT AND POLITICAL CONDITIONS. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Cambodia;1/28/2011, p6
The article offers information on government and political conditions in Cambodia as of January 2011. On September 24, 1993, the Royal Government of Cambodia was formed based on elections internationally recognized as free and fair. The king, who is head of state, an appointed prime minister, 10...
- Government Structure. Coleman, Denise Youngblood // Cambodia Country Review;2013, p51
The article discusses the government structure of Cambodia, including the chief of state, the 2003 election and the political parties and leaders.
- SKELETONS IN THE CLOSET. Morris, Stephen J. // New Republic;6/4/90, Vol. 202 Issue 23, p17
Focuses on the socio-political issues in Cambodia after suffering from war and totalitarian tyranny. Information that a historic political agreement between major powers on an interim United Nations takeover of Cambodia that would guarantee Vietnam's troop withdrawal and free and fair elections;...
- Preview 2005. Laws, Michael // North & South;Feb2005, Issue 227, p104
Forecasts the performance of political parties in the general elections in New Zealand in 2005. Election of third parties in 2002; Factors which led to the instability of parliamentary policy-making and conduct; Expectations on the role of third parties in the general elections.
- The dissident. OTIS, DANIEL // Monthly: Australian Politics, Society & Culture;Mar2014, Issue 98, p15
The article discusses the political condition in Cambodia in July 2014. The establishment of the Cambodian People's Party (CPP) is tackled, along with participation of the Phnom Penh-based Cambodia National Rescue Party (CNRP) at the national elections. The victory of the FUNCINPEC royalist...
- Regional review: Cambodia. // Asian Business Review;Aug97, p12
Reports on the rescheduling of elections in Cambodia for May, 1998 following a state of political tension and instability that racked the nation in July, 1997. Brief summary of the political tension that happened in early July 1997.
- Small country, big power games. Seper, Chris // Christian Science Monitor;7/21/98, Vol. 90 Issue 165, p1
Reports on the expectations of the July 26, 1998 election in Cambodia. History of the war-torn country; How Hun Sen grapples to stay in power; Economic dominance and support of China into Cambodia; Possible coalition between ousted co-premier Prince Norodom Ranariddh and Sam Rainsy with Sen;...
- Meet the new boss--same as the old. Moreau, Ron // Newsweek (Atlantic Edition);08/10/98 (Atlantic Edition), Vol. 132 Issue 6, p26
Reports results of the July 26, 1998 election in Cambodia. Retention of control of the largest block of seats in the National Assembly by Second Prime Minister Hun Sen of the Cambodian People's Party; Results for the FUNCINPEC party of First Prime Minister Prince Norodom Ranariddh and Sam...