REGIONAL RISK PROFILE
- EVEN IF THERE'S A SELLER, WHO'S BUYING? // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Nov2007, Vol. 42 Issue 11, p26
The article reports that U.S. President George W. Bush has tightened sanctions against Myanmar. Bush hopes that countries like China and India will reduce their economic relation with Myanmar. British American Tobacco and Premier Oil responded to public pressure by divesting operations in the...
- The US has to take the lead in rebuking Burma's junta. Rotberg, Robert I. // Christian Science Monitor;11/29/96, Vol. 89 Issue 4, p19
Discusses why United States President Bill Clinton criticized the junta that governs Burma, one of the poorest countries in Asia. Questions as to whether the junta was profiting from drug smuggling; Number of Burmese who were denied civil liberties and human rights by the State Law and Order...
- Burma. // Business America;11/15/93, Vol. 114 Issue 23, p20
Reports on developments in Burma's economy and its implications to businesses in the United States. Improvement in response to an economic liberalization program; Business opportunities for American companies; Contact information for assistance to American companies.
- Myanmar's role in regional security: Pawn or pivot? Malik, J. Mohan // Contemporary Southeast Asia: A Journal of International & Strate;Jun97, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p52
Presents information on Myanmar's potential wealth and looks at its geostrategic location between South Asia and Southeast Asia. Indepth look at its natural and human resources; Investigation of Myanmar's intension with reference to China, Japan, Association of South East Asian Nations, and...
- `People have no confidence.' Liu, M. // Newsweek;10/10/1988, Vol. 112 Issue 15, p53
Report on the growing poverty and civil strife in Burma and a military crackdown on pro-democracy demonstrators that is devastating both the people and the country's chances of repairing the economy. Crackdown; Effects; Outlook.
- RISK SUMMARY. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Jul2012, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p6
The article offers information on political, economic and business risk in Myanmar.
- Economic Overview. // Burma (Myanmar) Country Review;2009, p80
The article provides information on the economic performance of Burma.
- ECONOMIC OVERVIEW. // Myanmar Country Review;2007, p71
This article presents information on the economic conditions in Myanmar.
- Economic Overview. // Burma (Myanmar) Country Review;2010, p80
The article presents an overview of the condition of the economy in Burma including the agriculture, foreign trade and its exports.