REGIONAL: Company News Analysis
- Effort seeks to bring workers home. // Business Journal (Central New York);11/26/99, Vol. 13 Issue 47, p7
Reports that the Mohawk Valley Economic Development Growth Enterprise has launched a Web site that encourages workers to stay in companies in Mohawk River Valley, New York.
- Entrepreneurs lead the way to growth in transition economies. // Warsaw Business Journal;1/21/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p5
Reports the contribution of entrepreneurs on the economic growth in Poland. Increase on the number of business enterprises; Policies sustaining the entrepreneurs; Assistance of the business enterprises by the structural reforms.
- We could use some business genealogies. Marcus, Morton // Indianapolis Business Journal;04/24/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p13A
Focuses on genealogical studies of the business community. Useful tool for economic development; Theories about the growth of local economies; Dearth of business community histories.
- Top Prizes. Mayer, Kathy // Indiana Business Magazine;Jun2003, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p29
Provides lists of top economic development projects in the U.S. Cost of the projects; Names of firms with top prizes; Investment of firms.
- North Las Vegas forms economic alliance. Miller, Valerie // Las Vegas Business Press;7/08/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 27, p7
Focuses on the formation of the North Las Vegas Economic Development Alliance in Las Vegas. Involvement in the complaints of Losse Road about inadequate power and neighborhood crime; Work in support of city businesses; Target area for economic development.
- Jedco surveys businesses in the parish to boost retention. Russell, Judi // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);12/21/98, Vol. 19 Issue 25, p13
Focuses on the survey conducted by the Jefferson Parish Economic Development Commission among businesses in Jefferson Parish, Louisiana to investigate strategies to increase business retention in the area. Satisfaction rates of respondents; Factors cited on why the area is a conducive place for...
- Upstate Alliance Marketing S.C.'s Future. Konduros, Sam // South Carolina Business Journal;Apr2004, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p1
Officials with the Upstate Alliance, an economic development organization that markets ten Upstate counties, say 2004 shows strong potential for significant economic growth based on continuing results from its ongoing recruitment efforts. In early 2003, the Upstate Alliance had directly...
- Planning for success. // BusinessWest;Sep95, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p26
Profiles the Economic Development Partners, an organization created to improve the business climate in Western Massachusetts. Role in the recruitment and retention of businesses in Western Massachusetts; Collaboration with other local and state agencies to meet the goals of the Pioneer Valley...
- The Liberman Discussion. Trapeznikov, V. // Problems of Economics;Jan65, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p3
Focuses on the importance of material incentive based on the correct economic assessment of enterprises activity. Norms on wage fund, office outlay, warehouse reserves of material; Expenditure for materials used repairing the equipment; Stages of economic development.
- Losing the growth battle? Gray, Andi // Fairfield County Business Journal;2/21/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 8, p8
The article provides an answer to a question on what to do to grow the business.