REGIONAL RISK PROFILE
- Singapore: The Fruits Of Free Trade...Consolidating As A Regional Hub. // Emerging Markets Monitor;1/6/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 36, p7
Deals with the efforts of Singapore for bilateral trade pacts with a number of countries. Reasons that free trade is a long-term benefit to Singapore; Economic indicators.
- Recovery Slowed By US Concerns. // Latin America Monitor: Mexico Monitor;Sep2002, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p3
Looks at the impact of the U.S. on the economic conditions of Mexico as of September 2002. Effect of its membership with the National American Free Trade Area; Status of the economic indicators of the country; Outlook on the economic recovery of the U.S.
- NAFTA Boosts Jobs and Earnings, Study Shows. // Export Today's Global Business;Feb2000, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p16
Reports that the implementation of the North American Free Trade Agreement is one of the factors for the increase in the number of jobs and earnings per job along the Texas/Mexico border. Other reason for the increase.
- Free Trade's Losers. Golway, Terry // America;2/2/2004, Vol. 190 Issue 3, p8
Emphasizes the impact of free trade on workers in the United States. Flight of the so-called white collar jobs from the U.S. to countries where the cost of labor is cheaper; Statistics on the number of jobs created in the U.S. in December 2003; Reaction of those who believe in free trade to...
- RISK SUMMARY. // Latin America Monitor: Mexico Monitor;Jan2006, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p2
The article analyzes the level of economic and political risks in Mexico and Venezuela. The two countries moved to recall their respective diplomatic envoys following a diplomatic quarrel at the Summit of the Americas in November 2005. The issue between the countries involves the Free Trade...
- Wake Up, America. Lemons, James L. // Textile World;Oct2003, Vol. 153 Issue 10, p22
Reports developments related to the textile industry in the U.S. as of October 2003. State visit of U.S. Treasury Secretary John Snow to China; Concern of the fiber coalition toward the proposed Central American Free Trade Agreement; Analysis of the economic indicators.
- chapter 4: Business Environment. // Thailand Business Forecast Report;2006 3rd Quarter, p29
The article examines the business conditions in Thailand. The country is in the process of forging free-trade agreement with the U.S. government in an effort to attract foreign investors and to improve its foreign trade. Sectors that are enjoying growth include petrochemicals, the automobile...
- Australia Country Conditions. // Political Risk Yearbook: Australia Country Report;2007, p1
The article assesses key economic indicators which affect foreign investments in Australia. Foreign investments are encouraged by the government with the largest share coming from the U.S.,totaling $271 billion in 2004. This is further enhanced by the free trade agreement between the two...
- REGIONAL RISK PROFILE. // Africa Monitor: North Africa Monitor;Nov2003, Vol. 8 Issue 11, p1
The article focuses on short-term economic risk in Morocco, as of November 1, 2003. Although prospects for the economy will be greatly enhanced by the free trade agreement with the U.S., structural problems still need to be urgently addressed. The country's endemic unemployment problem will...