Country Risk Summary: LAOS
- LAOS. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Oct2002, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p8
Reports developments on political and economic issues in Laos as of October 2002. Increase in the anti-government activity in the country; Expansion of the economy of the country; Problems in the approval of foreign-investment application in the country.
- Foreign Bond Attractive. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Jul2010, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p7
The article presents an outlook on the economic conditions in Laos from 2010 and beyond, with details on the implications of the fiscal and monetary policy on the country's macroeconomic stability and foreign bond investments.
- The economics of latent demand in Laos. // Laos Economic Studies;2000, p15
Provides an overview of the economic fundamentals within Laos that can be used by the business community to determine the country's strategic market and investment potential. Key industries and relevant factors affecting the economy; Sources of latent demand; A comparison of its key economic...
- LAOS: Signs of Unrest. Lintner, Bertil // Southeast Asian Affairs;2001, p177
Focuses on the political, economic and social unrest in Laos. Effects of financial crisis on the country economy; Inflation of currency in Laos market; Displacement of foreign investments; Shortage of capital in the government.
- Kip Will Ride The Baht Towards 8,000 By 2009. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Apr2008, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p7
The article reports that Laok Kip will ride the Thai baht towards 8,000 by 2009. It states that kip will appreciate to Laotian kip (LAK) 8,500/dollar by end of 2008, and to LAK8,000/dollar by the end of 2009. However, the kip should develop a momentum of its own, as Laos boosts its exports and...
- Vietnamese FDI Key To Growth. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Aug2009, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p7
The article offers an economic outlook for Laos in 2009 provided by the Business Monitor International Ltd. (BMI). It mentions that BMI is expecting that Vietnamese investments are laid to play a greater function in the development of the nation's economy. It notes that BMI is also anticipating...
- LAK: Riding The Baht Towards 8,000 By 2009. // Emerging Markets Monitor;3/10/2008, Vol. 13 Issue 46, p8
The article forecasts further appreciation of the Lao kip, tracking the rapid gains of the Thai baht, which is believed to be one of the best performers in Asia in 2008. However, it mentions the need for kip to develop a momentum of its own, as Laos boosts its exports and attracts further...
- LAOS. Lintner, Bertil // Southeast Asian Affairs;2003, p135
Focuses on the factors affecting the economic conditions in Laos. Concerns over the dependence of the country on foreign aids; Number of foreign investments; Impact of economic downturn in the labor market.
- Economic Overview. // Laos Country Review;2012, p59
The article provides an overview of the economic performance of Laos as of 2012 including the country's constrained economic development, foreign direct investment (FDI), and gross domestic product (GDP) growth.