THAILAND: Sector Outlook - Pharmaceuticals
- Increases in Drug Utilization and Patent Expirations: A Recipe for Growth of Generics' Market Share, despite Stalling on Biosimilars. Buffery, Dalia // American Health & Drug Benefits;Nov2009, Vol. 2 Issue 7, p294
The article reports that generic drug utilization is expected to increase due to the expiration of patents for brand-name medications by 2011. The U.S. Senate has extended the patent exclusivity period for biologics to 12 years, which will delay the introduction of biosimilar pharmaceutical...
- PROPOSED CHANGES IN THE U.S. PATENT LAWS. // Congressional Digest;Feb62, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p39
Outlines proposed changes in U.S. patent laws which relate to the drug industry. Patent office description of a patent; Subject matter capable of being patented; Interferences.
- In the Pipeline: Drug Patents in India. // Contract Pharma;Mar/Apr2010, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p29
The article reviews the article "Drug Makers Decry Indian Patent Law," which appeared in the periodical "The Wall Street Journal" on February 11, 2010.
- One World, Many Regulations. Dorris, Gregory; Rosener, James // Pharmaceutical Executive;Mar2003, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p74
Examines the broad legal framework that every pharmaceutical producer faces when developing, servicing, pursuing clinical evaluation, selling on manufacturing components in foreign countries. Keys to international success; General understanding of the international legal regime that governs the...
- New patents regime to hit Indian drug industry. // Chemical Business;Feb98, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p61
Focuses on the potential impact of a patent legislation on the manufacture of drugs in India. Share of patented drugs in the market; External pressures to the country's drug industry.
- Brand-Name Pharmaceutical Industry Criticizes Senate-Approved Drug Patent Reform Bill. // Chemical Market Reporter;7/22/2002, Vol. 262 Issue 3, p3
Reports the criticism of the brand-name pharmaceutical industry to the drug patent reform legislation approved by a Senate panel in the U.S. Terms in the legislation; Speculation on the impact of the bill on drug patent; Time limit for the generic application of drugmakers under the bill.
- Lilly challenges Canada's decision to strike down two drug patents. Dyer, Owen // BMJ: British Medical Journal;9/21/2013, Vol. 347 Issue 7925, p6
The article reports on the lawsuit filed by American pharmaceutical company Eli Lilly against Canada, seeking 500 million dollars in alleged lost business under the terms of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) after Canadian courts arbitrarily struck down its patents.
- Indian patents don't impress. Jayaraman, K.S. // Nature Biotechnology;Jan1999, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p8
Reports on the effect of possible introduction of patent laws by the Government of India on the Indian subsidiaries of major pharmaceutical firms Glaxo Inc., Novartis AG and Smithkline Beecham Corp. Patent to allow companies to hold exclusive marketing rights to a product; Shortcomings of the...
- Patent expirations spell big changes for generic industry. Cassell, Dana K. // Drug Topics;8/6/2001 Supplement, Vol. 145 Issue 15, p9
Focuses on the increase of patent expirations among pharmaceutical industries in the United States. List of top eight drugs going off patent before December 2005; Delay of patent expiration due to court trials; Plan of an educational campaign on safety and efficacy of generic drugs.