Country Risk Summary: VIETNAM
- BoP data for 03/04 shows strong recovery. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;9/3/2004, Vol. 48 Issue 36, p19
Reports on the balance of payments for 2003-2004 in Egypt. Increase in tourism revenue of Egypt; Trade deficit of Egypt; Capital market in Egypt.
- People. // Uzbekistan Country Review;2009, p76
The article provides an overview of the social condition of Vietnam as of 2009, along with information on the country's demography, culture, and social stratification.
- Fast Fade. // National Review;6/8/1979, Vol. 31 Issue 23, p720
The article focuses on the social conditions in Vietnam as of June 1979. The rulers of Hanoi, Vietnam are described as aging Stalinists who aim to fulfill the dream of Ho Chi Minh to create an Indochinese empire. This imperial dream has cost the lives of thousands of people in China alone and...
- People. // Vietnam Country Review;2009, p72
The article provides an overview on the social condition of Vietnam for 2009, along with information on the country's demography, culture, and social stratification.
- People. // Vietnam Country Review;2012, p123
The article provides an overview of the people living in Vietnam, with details on its religion, language, culture and ethnicity.
- China. // BOFIT Weekly;2/14/2014, Issue 7, p2
The article provides updates on China. China posted a large goods trade surplus in 2013 while its services trade deficit continued to widen on a steady rise in Chinese purchases of transport services and a rapid increase in Chinese tourism. Top-level officials met for China-Taiwan bilateral...
- August Trade Deficit Climbs to $54.0B. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;10/15/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31990, p2
Reports that fueled in part by record deficits with China and South and Central America, the U.S. trade deficit expanded in August 2004, growing by 6.9% or $3.5 billion, to $54 billion, according to data released by the Commerce Department.
- U.S. FY 2004 Deficit Hits Record $412.5B. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;10/15/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31990, p2
Reports that the federal government posted a $24.4 billion surplus in September 2004, bringing the total fiscal 2004 deficit to a record $412.5 billion.
- Deficits Give Cause For Concern. // Emerging Markets Monitor;9/9/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 21, p13
Reports on the trade deficits experienced by Hungary as of September 2002. Factors attributed to the deficits; Comparison of the deficits with that of 2001; Outlook of the country's financial status.