Country Risk Summary: LAOS
- LIBYA: RISK SUMMARY. // Africa Monitor: North Africa Monitor;Jun2006, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p6
The article focuses on the political, economic, and business risk assessment of Libya. The international community has criticized the human rights record of the Libyan government under the leadership of Muammar Qaddafi. The authorities are continuing to resist the urgings of the International...
- chapter 4: Special Report. // Argentina Business Forecast Report;2009 2nd Quarter, p27
The article examines the key economic and political risks in China, the U.S., and the eurozone for 2009.
- UZBEKISTAN: RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Russia & CIS;Jun2010, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p10
The article offers information on the economic and political risks confronted by Uzbekistan including the affected Uzbek-Tajik relations due to the planned construction of Roghun hydroelectric power plant, the statement of the government that the country will achieve an average growth rate of...
- Country Risk Summary: THAILAND. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Aug2003, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p2
This article presents a risk summary for Thailand, as of August 1, 2003. Thailand has raised security measures in response to intelligence suggesting possible attacks on US, British, Australian and Israeli nationals. It is also faced with possible unrest from sympathizers of Myanmar's detained...
- Editorial. Bhattacherjee, Debashish // Decision (0304-0941);Dec2010, Vol. 37 Issue 3, preceding p5
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including the impact of bank and stock market developments on the economic growth in developing countries for the period of 1973 to 2002, the effects of debt structure on a firm's strategic...
- FÃ¼hrt Unzufriedenheit zu Umbruch? // Die Bank;jun2013, Issue 6, p6
The article discusses risk forecasts regarding economic development and economic growth in developing countries, including political instability, protectionism, and the financial markets.
- RISK SUMMARY: LIBYA. // Africa Monitor: North Africa Monitor;Mar2005, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p8
The article presents information on recent political and economic developments in Libya. The abolition of an exception court used to try political cases has been welcomed by human rights campaigners. Amnesty International charged the People's Court with routinely allowing unfair trials....
- An Ugly Exploration. Ewing, Jonathan // World Policy Journal;Fall2010, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p81
The article explores violence associated with the petroleum industry in Ethiopia. He addresses an attack in 2007 by the separatist rebel group Ogaden National Liberation Front (ONLF) on Chinese workers at the Zhoungyan Petroleum Exploration Bureau (ZPEB) in the Ogaden desert in Ethiopia. Topics...
- Current U.S. Policy. // Congressional Digest;Oct83, Vol. 62 Issue 10, p229
Focuses on the existing U.S. foreign policy in Central America. Support for democracy, reform and human rights; Aspects of economic development; Support for dialogue and negotiations among the countries of the region; Implications for democratization, development and diplomacy.