KFC Spreads Its Wings in Thailand
- Halal chicken fast food chain aims to rival KFC. // Meat Trades Journal;9/17/2010, Issue 3, p6
The article reports that United Arab Emirates-based Al Farooj Restaurant chain will be launched in Great Britain by the end of 2010 aims to rival with Kentucky Fried Chicken Corp. (KFC).
- Mixed emotions hit KFC. Chavez, Rodrigo Lopez // Caribbean Business;7/6/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 26, p17
Reports on chain restaurant Kentucky Fried Chicken's (KFC) celebration of its 30th anniversary in Puerto Rico in July 2000. Company's denial of the rumor that it uses genetically engineered organism for its chicken products.
- A homecoming. // Restaurant Business;7/1/96, Vol. 95 Issue 10, p174
Reports on the growing popularity of home-meal replacements offered by restaurant chains. KFC's Colonel Sanders inventor of the concept; Plans by KFC for its home-replacement meals; Background on the home-replacement meal establishment Fresh Cooking.
- KFC boss Shuker nets top TRI role. Killgren, Lucy // Marketing Week (01419285);3/19/1998, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p9
States that Martin Shuker, who is marketing director for Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC), has been promoted to vice president of marketing for parent company Tricon Restaurants (TRI). Who Shuker succeeds; Who Shuker will report to; Duties of Shuker; Comments from Graham Allan, managing director of...
- And They Call Them 'Value' Meals. // Good Medicine;Winter2003, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p23
Reports the launch of a drive-thru restaurant by Kentucky Fried Chicken in Beijing, China in 2003.
- Fur flies as PETA sues KFC. Garber, Amy // Nation's Restaurant News;7/21/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 29, p1
Reports on the lawsuit filed by the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals against Yum! Brands Inc.-owned restaurant chain Kentucky Fried Chicken Corp in 2003, accusing the chain of making misleading statements about its poultry welfare guidelines. Details of the complaint; Background on...
- More Than Just Fried Chicken. Carr, Matthew // Business Credit;Nov/Dec2007, Vol. 109 Issue 10, p32
The article features some cuisine that originated in Kentucky. Kentucky Fried Chicken restaurant founded by Colonel Harland Sanders originate in Sanders Court & CafÃ© in North Corbin. Five brothers from Genoa, Italy arrived in Louisville in 1884 and established Mazzoni's Oyster CafÃ©, which...
- Mature chicken chains spread wings beyond core product. Walkup, Carolyn // Nation's Restaurant News;06/26/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 26, p110
Analyzes the performance of chicken restaurant chains in the United States in 1999. Popeyes Chicken & Biscuits' and Church Chicken's expansion into quick-service categories; Redesigning of unit; Chick-fil-A's move from traditional shopping mall stores to freestanding units and non-traditional...
- KFC's oil change: Chain to lose trans fats in fried food by April. Martin, Richard // Nation's Restaurant News;11/6/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 45, p1
The article reports on the announcement of Kentucky Fried Chicken Corp. in eliminating the use of trans fat oil in the U.S. The chain will adopt the use of nonhydrogenated soy oil at its 5500 outlets nationwide as well as in its 800 units in Canada and 1500 outlets in China. They will impose the...