THAILAND: Sector Outlook - Autos
- 'Profitless prosperity': Analysts see more difficult times for auto suppliers. Begin, Sherri // Rubber & Plastics News;1/27/2003, Vol. 32 Issue 13, p14
Forecasts the condition of automobile suppliers in 2003. Factors that might affect North American automotive production; Impact of United Auto Workers' contract negotiations on domestic car companies and their suppliers; Inability of small automobile suppliers to maintain their profit margins.
- Everyone Counts... Schneider, Mitch // Motor Age;Oct2001, Vol. 120 Issue 10, p13
Focuses on the factors affecting the success of an automotive business in the United States. Impact of customer service on sales productivity; Implication of numbers and statistical analysis for forecasting business; Survey on the implementation of industrial standards.
- chapter 6: Key Sectors. // Hungary Business Forecast Report;2008 4th Quarter, p49
The article presents data and forecasts for the automotive and construction industries in Hungary for the period 2005-2012 by Business Monitor International Ltd.
- Wall Street jittery over outlook for auto industry. Henry, Jim // Automotive News;11/13/2000, Vol. 75 Issue 5903, p43
Focuses on the reaction of Wall Street investors on the forecast of market analysts for the automobile industry in the United States. Decline in the light-vehicle sales from October 1999 to 2000; Earnings estimates for General Motors and Ford Motor Co.; Impact of a decreasing demand for...
- Auto analysts differ on China's potential. Treece, James B. // Automotive News;10/21/2002, Vol. 77 Issue 6008, p6
Reports on the different analysis concerning the business potential of China for the Japanese carmakers. Variation of the business forecasts; Decline of investment return in the production facilities; Increase of production cost.
- The industry is changing – fast. Crain, Keith // Automotive News;10/21/2002, Vol. 77 Issue 6008, p12
Focuses on the volatility of the global automobile companies. Acquisitions made by the firms; Prediction of business success; Assessment of the motor industry.
- Detroit is in Trouble. Winter, Drew // Ward's Auto World;May2001, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p9
Forecasts the decline in sales and profits of automobile manufacturers based in Detroit, Michigan in 2001. Status of the sport utility segment; Focus of engineers and marketers; Estimated annual pay decline.
- Europe: Sales slump hunts for recovery. Wielgat, Andrea // Ward's Auto World;May2001, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p39
Focuses on the state of the automobile industry in western Europe as of May 2001. Decline in vehicle sales in the first quarter; Forecasts on vehicle sales by the end of the year; Expected sales in Germany and Italy.
- Vietnam poised to become new auto battlefield. Smith, Glenn // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;7/16/2009, p17
The article presents an outlook for the automobile industry in Vietnam.