- Operative and Endovascular Management of Extracranial Vertebral Artery Aneurysm in Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome: A Clinical Dilemma. Sultan, Sherif; Morasch, Mark; Colgan, Mary-Paula; Madhavan, Prakash; Moore, Dermot; Shanik, Gregor // Vascular & Endovascular Surgery;Sep/Oct2002, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p389
Reports a case of successful management of a symptomatic vertebral artery aneurysm. Medical history of the patient; Causes of vertebrobasilar ischemia; Success rate of endovascular intervention.
- Pediculosis and Pthiriasis. // Review of Optometry;10/15/2002 Supplement, Vol. 139, p10A
Examines the causes of pediculosis and pthiriasis disease. Signs and symptoms of the disease; Removal of all visible organisms and nits from the eyelids; Treatment of the disease.
- Standing and Seizing. Nathan, M.P. Ravindra // Cortlandt Forum;1/25/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p20
Examines the case of a patient with an orthostatic hypotension. Autonomic disorders associated with orthostatic intolerance; Occurrence of Shy-Drager syndrome in older men; Causes on the fall of blood pressure on assumption of upright posture.
- BLAME IT ON THE BOOTS. McGovern, Thomas W. // Cortlandt Forum;1/25/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p24
Case I. Presents the case of a factory worker with a history of skin dermatitis acquired from a leather shoes. List of chemicals responsible for leather dermatitis; Association of autoeczematization reactions with dermatophytes; Treatment of autoeczematization reactions.
- Compound Heterozygosity for the Common Sulfonylurea Receptor Mutations Can Cause Mild Diazoxide-Sensitive Hyperinsulinism. Dekel, Benjamin; Lubin, Daniel; Modan-Moses, Dalit; Quint, Jacob; Glaser, Benjamin; Meyerovitch, Joseph // Clinical Pediatrics;Apr2002, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p183
Presents a case study of a patient with persistent hyperinsulinemic hypoglycemia. Laboratory values for diagnosis of hyperinsulinism; Patient record; Results and discussion; Conclusions.
- Thyroid disease and sebaceous function. Goolamali, S.K.; Evered, D.; Shuster, Sam // British Medical Journal;2/21/1976, Vol. 1 Issue 6007, p432
Examines the association of thyroid diseases with sebaceous functions. Measurement of the sebum excretion rates; Treatment of patients with hyperthyroidism and thyrotoxicosis; Therapeutic use of thyroxine in the treatment of patients.
- Electrohydraulic lithotripsy with peroral choledochoscopy. Leung, Joseph W.C.; Chung, Sydney S.C. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);9/2/89, Vol. 298 Issue 6699, p595
Examines the efficacy of peroral electrohydraulic lithotripsy. Conduction of a prospective study on patients with large stones in the bile duct; Role of endoscopic sphincterotomy in treating patients with stones in the bile duct; Conclusion on the effectiveness of electrohydraulic lithotripsy.
- Juvenile myoclonic epilepsy. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);7/4/92, Vol. 305 Issue 6844, p4
Focuses on the incidence of juvenile myoclonic epilepsy. Onset of the disease; Symptoms of the epilepsy; Need to continue treatment in affected patients.
- Numbness of the Arm. Norman, Robert A. // Discover;Feb2002, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p30
Presents a research study on lepromatous leprosy in the United States. Causes of leprosy; Symptoms of the disease; Treatment of a patient with leprosy.