- Psychological war. Spilka, George // Electrical Wholesaling;May99, Vol. 80 Issue 5, p73
Offers advice to sellers of companies on `the art of the deal'. Controlling the `psychological battlefield' of negotiations; Establishment of an aggressive price; Deal's critical juncture; Quick closure; Finer points.
- To strike off or not to strike off--that is the question. Mason, Karen; Smith, Nigel // Chartered Accountants Journal;Feb2000, Vol. 79 Issue 1, p63
Focuses on the options for companies that has disposed of its business in New Zealand. Use of the Companies Act as a means of distributing the capital profit tax-free to shareholders; Liquidation of assets; Striking off. INSET: Summary..
- New Jersey changes its policy on treatment of IRC Sec. 338(H)(10) transactions. Rothstein, Jack // CPA Journal;Aug95, Vol. 65 Issue 8, p62
Focuses on the New Jersey Division of Taxation's treatment of the sale of a business when an election is made under Federal IRC Sec 338(h)(10). Federal tax treatment; Policy changes; Refund opportunity.
- Sell-the-company proposals proliferate in 1996. // Corporate Board;Sep/Oct96, Vol. 17 Issue 100, p26
Reports on the proliferation in the United States of sell-the-company proposals among shareholder groups. Distinction between proposals with a financial focus and those that address social concerns; Labor movement's interest in sell-the-company proposals.
- Selling and staying--it isn't easy!!! // Hispanic Times Magazine;May/Jun1992, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p14
Discusses considerations in selling a business enterprise. Capital; Added challenge of staying on in a management role; Consultation with a lawyer and an accountant; Beginning of the year as the best time to sale a business; Researching on the company acquiring the business.
- Business for sale: West Coast manufacturer of laminated boards. Fraser, Jill Andresky // Inc.;Feb98, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p120
Presents details about a West Coast business that manufactures laminated board that is for sale as of February 1998. Price; Outlook; Price rationale; Pros; Cons; Financials; Contact information.
- Rocky mountain hunting outfitter and guest ranch. Fraser, Jill Andresky // Inc.;Sep98, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p152
Presents information on the sale of a business enterprise. Price for the business; Description of the operation of the business; Strategies which can be used to get the business sold; Details on the sale revenues of the company.
- Looking for Heady Growth? Andresky Fraser, Jill // Inc.;Jan2002, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p32
Provides information on the sale of a microbrewery and restaurant business in Moab, Utah, a tourist destination southeast of Salt Lake City. Price; Outlook for the business performance in the area; Advantages and disadvantages of the sale.
- Buy/sell agreements for second generation transitions. Nayor, Michael A. // In Business;Jul/Aug95, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p40
Recommends the buy/sell agreement as a method of transferring business interests in the case of withdrawal, retirement or death of a partner. Cross-purchase agreement; Redemption agreement; Valuing the transferred interest; Financing purchases; Income tax consequences.
- Casino deal offers hope, new questions. Sodoma, Brian // Las Vegas Business Press;12/16/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 50, p7
Reports the sale of four downtown casinos to Barrick Gaming Corp. in Nevada. Decline of the revenues in the downtime gaming sector; Financial terms of the deal; Plan of the company to revitalize downtown Nevada.