Correction: Model-based parametric study of frontostriatal abnormalities in schizophrenia patients
- Xhosa-speaking schizophrenic patients' experience of their condition: Psychosis and amafufunyana. Lund, Crick; Swartz, Leslie // South African Journal of Psychology;Jun98, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p62
Presents a study which investigated the experience of 10 Xhosa-speaking schizophrenic patients attending a community psychiatry clinic in Cape Town, South Africa. Research methodology used in the study; Characteristics of the patients interviewed; How patients perceive their condition.
- Card-sort performance and syndromes of schizophrenia. Rowe, Ellen W.,; Shean, Glenn, // Genetic, Social & General Psychology Monographs;May97, Vol. 123 Issue 2, p197
Investigates the performance of subgroups of schizophrenic patients on the Wisconsin Card Sorting Test. Psychomotor poverty; Cognitive disorganization; Reality distortion; Effect of coaching and incentives.
- Symptom patterns in schizophrenia for men and women. Cernovsky, Zack Z.; Landmark, Johan A. // Psychological Reports;Jun97 Part 2, Vol. 80 Issue 3, p1267
Analyzes the differences of symptoms associated with schizophrenic Canadian patients. Comparison of men and women who are prone to the disease; What is the emphasis being placed by investigators; Information on the study of this condition.
- Schizophrenics move to Hampstead. McWilliam, Fiona // Geographical (Campion Interactive Publishing);Jun97, Vol. 69 Issue 6, p5
Talks about the relatively high prevalence of schizophrenia in Hampstead, north London, England. Study published in the `British Journal of Psychiatry'; Movement of schizophrenics to the inner London area; Hypotheses tested by researchers at the Royal Free Hospital.
- Loss, loneliness, and the desire for love: Perspectives on... Davidson, Larry; Stayner, David // Psychiatric Rehabilitation Journal;Winter1997, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p3
Presents information on schizophrenia, focusing on the social lives of schizophrenics. Examination of three perspectives on the issue; Use of imagery to emphasize the perspectives; Examination of how schizophrenics view themselves.
- Out of madness. Paulsen, Barbara // Health (Time Inc. Health);May/Jun94, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p48
Relates the author's experiences, a schizophrenic. Things seen and heard; Efforts to fight the sickness; Ongoing recovery credited to clozapine, a powerful new drug that helps 30 to 60 percent of patients; Possible side effect; `The Quiet Room,' a book about the experiences to be published in...
- Age of onset and progress toward independent living by patients with chronic schizophrenia in a... Husted, John; Fick, Kristi // Psychological Reports;Feb98, Vol. 82 Issue 1, p330
Presents a study which examined the relationship between the age of onset of schizophrenia and progress in intensive treatment toward independent living. Methodology used to conduct the study; Results of the study.
- A sociological hermeneutics for schizophrenic language. Doubt, Keith // Social Science Journal;1994, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p111
Proposes an sociological hermeneutics for understanding the social character of schizophrenic language. Problem of interpersonal communication; Kenneth Burke's work on the sociological study of human action and social relations; Schizophrenese as a private language; Schizophrenese as a...
- Living with schizophrenia: caring for a person with a severe mental illness. Tucker, C.; Barker, A.; Gregoire, A. // Social Psychiatry & Psychiatric Epidemiology;1998, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p305
Accepted: 19 December 1997 Abstract Data from a survey of a total population of patients with schizophrenia or schizoaffective disorder were used to examine the relationship between patient behaviours and the experience of caregiving. Carers were more distressed by depressed behaviours in the...