Correction Notice (P2487)
- Vasopressin (Book). // Annals of Internal Medicine;Jan86, Vol. 104 Issue 1, p145
Reviews the book 'Vasopressin,' edited by Robert W. Schrier.
- Vasopressin: Disturbed Secretion and Its Effects (Book). // Annals of Internal Medicine;11/15/90, Vol. 113 Issue 10, p816
Reviews the book 'Vasopressin: Disturbed Secretion and Its Effects,' by L. Kovacs and B. Lichardus.
- Vasopressin: Principles and Properties (Book). Raisman, Geoffrey // American Scientist;Jan/Feb89, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p78
Reviews the book "Vasopressin: Principles and Properties," edited by Don Marshall Gash and Gerald J. Boer.
- Oxytocin, Vasopressin and Related Peptides in the Regulation of Behaviour. Dando, Malcolm // Biologist;Feb/Mar2014, Vol. 61 Issue 1, p35
No abstract available.
- Vasopressin in refractory septic shock. Ganshyam, M. J.; Karanth, S. // Indian Journal of Critical Care Medicine;Oct-Dec2004, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p213
Presents an abstract of the article "Vasopressin in Refractory Septic Shock," by M. J. Ganshyam and S. Karanth.
- AVP-Induced Vasoconstriction Blocked by Specific V[sub 1] Receptor Anatgonnist. // Kidney;May/Jun98, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p129
Discusses the abstract of the research paper 'Effects of SR 49059, a new orally active and specific vasopressin V[sub 1] receptor antagonist, on vasopression-induced vasoconstriction in humans,' by R. Weber, A. Pechere-Bertschi et al and published in a 1997 issue of the journal 'Hypertension.'
- Combined use of vasopressin and synthetic hypothalamic releasing factors as a new test of anterior pituitary function. Sandler, L.M.; Burrin, J.M.; Joplin, G.F.; Bloom, S.R. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);2/22/1986, Vol. 292 Issue 6519, p511
Examines the combined use of vasopressin and synthetic hypothalamic releasing factors as a test of anterior pituitary function. Side-effects of the test; Comparison on cortisol and growth hormone responses between releasing factors with vasopressin and insulin induced hypoglycemia; Reliability...
- Management of Vasodilatory Shock: Defining the Role of Arginine Vasopressin. Dunser, M.W.; Wenzel, V.; Mayr, A.J.; Hasibeder, W.R. // Drugs;2002, Vol. 63 Issue 3, p237
The rationale for an arginine vasopressin (argipressin) infusion was put forward after it was discovered that patients in shock states might have an endogenous arginine vasopressin deficiency. Subsequently, several investigations impressively demonstrated that arginine vasopressin can...
- pituitary (injection), posterior. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1791
A definition of the term "posterior pituitary (injection)," which refers to antidiuretic hormone, is presented.