Correction: Canada's prostitution legislation
- Hustlers immune so women freed. // Advocate;10/24/73, Issue 123, p11
Reports that several women arrested on charges of prostitution in Anchorage, Alaska, had their charges dropped in 1973 because men cannot be charged with the same crime under Alaska laws.
- New sex-work bill considerably stricter than Nordic model. LING, JUSTIN // Xtra (Toronto);6/12/2014, Issue 773, p16
The article reports on the new sex-work legislation of Canadian government.
- Harassment claimed in prostitution charge. Hemmelgarn, Seth // Bay Area Reporter;2/26/2009, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p2
The article reports on the harassment and discrimination suit filed by Shelly Resnick, a transsexual woman who was charged with misdemeanor prostitution.
- Prostitution measure heats up both sides. Hemmelgarn, Seth // Bay Area Reporter;10/2/2008, Vol. 38 Issue 40, p10
The article reports on a proposition in the November 2008 ballot in San Francisco, California that would prohibit the police department and district attorney's office from enforcing laws against prostitution which has drawn a debate among supporters and opponents.
- ONTARIO DECISION STRIKES DOWN SEX LAWS. Hainsworth, Jeremy // Xtra West (Vancouver);10/7/2010, Issue 447, p9
The article offers information on the issues related to the decision of the judge of Ontario Superior Court to strike down the controversial prostitution laws in Canada on September 28, 2010.
- Prostitution poll. // Advocate;9/1/71, Issue 67, p6
Reports on the bill passed to the California Assembly aimed at legalizing prostitution supported by half of the state's homosexual voters according to a California poll sampling in Sacramento, California.
- Law on lewdness voided in Florida. // Advocate;1/3/73, Issue 102, p1
Discusses the knocking out of a prostitution law because it contained the charge of lewdness in a case involving a Miami Beach massage parlor in Florida. Features of the law; Views of Joe Durrant, assistant State Attorney of Dade County, Florida regarding the case.
- legalization of prostitution condemned in Germany. // Off Our Backs;Nov/Dec2002, Vol. 32 Issue 11/12, p7
Reports on the legalization of prostitution in Germany. Law that gives legal recognition to the activities of prostitutes; Difference between Sweden's and Germany's views on prostitution; Legislation in Sweden that prohibits the purchase of sexual services.
- Should Prostitution Be Legal? Kelly, Maura // Glamour;Apr2001, Vol. 99 Issue 4, p197
Presents opposing opinions on whether prostitution should be legalized in the United States.