- High potency topical corticosteroid. // Modern Medicine;Feb95, Vol. 63 Issue 2, p31
Reports on the market availability of two forms of topical corticosteroid from Glaxo Dermatology. Indications for inflammatory and pruritic manifestations of dermatoses responsive to corticosteroid; Restrictions on children younger than 12.
- Corticosteroids: A Quick Look. DUNKIN, MARY ANNE // Arthritis Today;Jan2011, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p64
The article presents questions and answers related to adrenocortical hormones including how corticosteroids are defined, the implication of tapering corticosteroids and how it is done, and the potential of corticosteroids to affect the mood. INSET: Corticosteroids AND YOUR HEART.
- Alendronic acid/corticosteroids. // Reactions Weekly;4/14/2012, Issue 1397, p6
The article describes the case of a 50-year-old woman who developed multiple atypical fractures after corticosteroids and alendronic acid long-term therapy for rheumatoid arthritis (RA).
- An Alternate Treatment for UVEITIS. S. A. // Arthritis Today;Jan/Feb2012, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p46
The article offers information on a study of time-released corticosteroids surgical implants, which can be used as an alternative for the traditional oral corticosteroids immunosuppressive drugs to treat uveitis.
- Arthritis Today Guide to Corticosteroids. Saag, Kenneth // Arthritis Today;Jan2011, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p63
The article provides a guide on corticosteroid drugs for arthritis, including the dosage, possible side effects and special instructions.
- A prospective survey of the use of dexamethasone on a palliative care unit. Hardy, J.R.; Rees, E.; Ling, J.; Burman, R.; Feuer, D.; Broadley, K.; Stone, P. // Palliative Medicine;Jan2001, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p3
One hundred and six consecutive patients started on glucocorticosteroids (steroids) according to a defined prescription policy were surveyed each week to document the indications for use, any beneficial effect, any toxicity incurred and the reason for stopping. All patients had advanced...
- DHEA: Latest supplement to offer fountain of youth in a ... // Environmental Nutrition;Apr96, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p7
Presents information on a new anti-aging supplement called DHEA. Why DHEA is referred to as `mother hormone'; Link between levels of DHEA in body and onset of age-related diseases; Use of DHEA for research and prescription drugs; Side effects of drug.
- Corticosteroids in toxic epidermal necrolysis. Pasricha, J. S. // Indian Journal of Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology;Sep/Oct2008, Vol. 74 Issue 5, p493
A letter to the editor is presented in response to article regarding toxic epidermal necrolysis (TEN) by V. K. Sharma, Reena Rai and C. R. Srinivas.
- Authors' reply. Sharma, Vinod K.; Sethuraman, Gomathy // Indian Journal of Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology;Sep/Oct2008, Vol. 74 Issue 5, p494
A response by Vinod K. Sharma and Gomathy Sethuraman to a letter to the editor commenting to the article on the use of steroids in Stevens-Johnson syndrome (SJS) and toxic epidermal necrolysis (TEN) is presented.
- Treatment of Corneolimbal Dellen (Fuchs' Dimples). // Review of Optometry;6/15/2003 Supplement, Vol. 140, p56A
Discusses the treatment of corneolimbal dellen. Administration of topical corticosteroid; Rehydration with highly viscous artificial tears.