- Vineberg Procedure for Inadvertent Injury. Gupta, Rajiv; Atar, Shaul; Schwarz, Ernst R.; Uretsky, Barry F.; Birnbaum, Yochai // Texas Heart Institute Journal;2006, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p98
Presents a case wherein a middle-aged man underwent diagnostic coronary angiography for the evaluation of chest pain. Patient history; Percentage of patients with tetralogy of Fallot that have coronary artery anomalies; Information on the Vineberg procedure.
- Chest pain. Jelinek, Michael; Barraclough, Kevin // BMJ: British Medical Journal (Overseas & Retired Doctors Edition;11/7/2009, Vol. 339 Issue 7729, p1083
The article discusses the diagnostic issues associated with the clinical case of a 45-year-old man who sought medical attention after experiencing severe retrosternal chest pain for 10 to 15 minutes. The cause of the patient's chest pain was speculated to be gastrointestinal because his...
- Assessment of aortic root inflammation in a patient with systemic vasculitis using F-18 FDG positron emission tomography. // Heart;Dec2006, Vol. 92 Issue 12, p1789
The article presents a clinical diagnosis of a 38-year-old man that had been evaluated for dizziness and exertional chest pain. The patient had undergone aortic valve replacement due to severe aortic regurgitation. In this context, the author explains the result of the coronary angiogram that...
- Country cardiograms case 34. Helm, Charles // Canadian Journal of Rural Medicine;Summer2009, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p119
A quiz concerning the diagnosis of a patient suffering from chest pain is presented.
- Country cardiograms case 34: Answer. Helm, Charles // Canadian Journal of Rural Medicine;Summer2009, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p126
An answer to a quiz concerning the diagnosis of a patient suffering from chest pain is presented.
- 84-Year-Old Woman With Chest Pain. Hardegree, Evan L.; Bell, Malcolm R. // Mayo Clinic Proceedings;Jul2012, Vol. 87 Issue 7, p700
A quiz concerning an 84-Year-Old Woman with chest pain is presented.
- Sudden Onset of Clicking Chest Pain. RICE, MATTHEW S. // American Family Physician;8/1/2009, Vol. 80 Issue 3, p287
A quiz about the correct diagnosis of a sudden onset chest pain in a 42-year-old patient is presented.
- Treating unexplained chest pain. Katz, Philip O. // Cortlandt Forum;12/20/97, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p178
Presents information about unexplained chest pain (UCP). Definition of UCP; Impact of the UCP; Difference of coronary from esophageal pain; Reason why the evaluation should always begin by excluding cardiac disease; Diagnosis approach to a patient with UCP; Other ways to assess esophageal...
- Pitfalls in accident and emergency chest pain evaluation. Hedges, Jerris R. // Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine;Sep1995, Vol. 88 Issue 9, p524P
The article discusses the common pitfalls in accident and emergency chest pain evaluation. It provides an overview of differences between the medicolegal system in the United States and Great Britain. It describes the essential features of a medicolegal case. It concludes with recommendations...