- Early institution of slow-acting drugs slows rheumatoid arthritis. // Modern Medicine;Sep96, Vol. 64 Issue 9, p51
Presents an abstract of the research report entitled `Outcome in Patients with Early Rheumatoid Arthritis Treated According to the Sawtooth Strategy,' by T. Mottonen, et al published in the June 1996 issue of the `Arthritis Rheumatoid.'
- Rheumatoid arthritis. // Mayo Clinic Health Letter;Jun1997, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p1
Focuses on rheumatoid arthritis, a condition caused by an immune disorder with severe and generalized symptoms. Pathophysiological background of rheumatoid arthritis; Signs and symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis; Medication alternatives; Treatment strategies. INSET: Common questions..
- Investigation of xerostomia in patients with rheumatoid arthritis. Russell, Stefanie L.; Reisine, Susan // Journal of the American Dental Association (JADA);Jun98, Vol. 129 Issue 6, p733
Presents a study on xerostomia, to examine its relationship of salivary flow symptoms and demographic, clinical and medical characteristics, in 604 persons with rheumatoid arthritis (RA). Diagnosis of one or more severe xerostomia symptoms in 45 percent of the participants'; Suggestion that...
- Medical answers. Conn, Doyt L. // Arthritis Today;Nov/Dec94, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p62
Gives advice on rheumatoid arthritis (RA) problems of the elderly. Includes the association of RA with eye problems; Link of swine flu shot with development of arthritis; Fibromyalgia; Meaning of positive antinuclear antibodies; Decrease in benefits of gold injections for RA; Regrowth of...
- Does suppressed anger cause rheumatoid arthritis? R.M.D. // Cortlandt Forum;8/25/95, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p92
Comments on the explanations offered by two American physicians for the pleasant manner observed in patients afflicted with rheumatoid arthritis. Internalization of feelings; Objective studies.
- Whatever became of... // Arthritis Today;Sep/Oct97, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p15
Presents an update pertaining to the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis (RA). Details on the transplant drug, cylosporine; Use of the drug in the treatment of RA; Discussion of gene therapy for RA.
- Arthritic French mice rewrite the textbooks. Brown, Phyllida // New Scientist;12/14/96, Vol. 152 Issue 2060, p16
Reports on the use of a newly bred strain of mice in the study of rheumatoid arthritis. Revision of the previous theories of the disease; Development of classic symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis in the offspring of the cross-bred mice; Discovery of the cause of the autoimmune reaction in the...
- Rheumatoid arthritis--I: Clinical features and diagnosis. Akil, M.; Amos, R.S. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);3/4/95, Vol. 310 Issue 6979, p587
Discusses the clinical features and diagnosis of rheumatoid arthritis. Factors associated with poor prognosis; Incidence in women; Causes of impaired hand function; Extra-articular manifestations.
- The other arthritis. // Consumer Reports on Health;Jan1996, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p4
Takes a look at rheumatoid arthritis. Definition; What researchers suspect to be the cause; Difference between rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis.
- A NEW PILL FOR RA? DAVIS, JENNIFER // Arthritis Today;May/Jun2011, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p77
The article offers information on tofacitinib, a Janus kinase (JAK) inhibitor, which helps in blocking a type of protein that induces inflammation and a treatment for rheumatoid arthritis (RA).