- New oral antifungals share many commonalities. Campbell, Maude // Dermatology Times;Apr98 Supplement 2, Vol. 19 Issue 4, pS18
Discusses the similarities of three oral antifungal agents. Details on the commonalities of fluconazole, itraconazole and terbinafine; Adverse effects of the three agents; Safety of the three antifungal agents.
- Are you using antiyeast creams correctly? Young, Stephanie // Glamour;Dec93, Vol. 91 Issue 12, p38
Presents tips on using antiyeast creams correctly. Use of preparations while menstruating; Non-use of tampoons during menstruation; Effect of antiyeast creams in diaphragms and condoms.
- FDA approves another antifungal nail drug. Pfeiffer, Naomi // Drug Topics;6/24/96, Vol. 140 Issue 12, p38
Reports on the Food and Drug Administration's approval of the drug Lamisil or terbinafine hydrochloride indicated for toenail fungal infections. Manufacturer; Components; Dosage forms.
- Antifungals in office dermatology. Lesher, Jack; Levine, Norman // Patient Care;3/15/1994, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p59
Part II. Presents guidelines for choosing antifungal medications. Active ingredient, formulations and indications of over-the-counter antifungal preparations; Oral medications for fungal infections; Duration of medication.
- Topical antifungal agents: An update. Diehl, Kristine Burns // American Family Physician;10/1/1996, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p1687
Provides an update on topical antifungal agents. Difficulty associated with the selection of the proper agent for a given infection; Type of therapy which should be considered for fungal infection which relates to the scalp, nails or large areas of the skin; Effects of antifungal drugs on the...
- DaniPro Antifungal Nail Polish. // Podiatry Management;Jan2012, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p201
No abstract available.
- Antifungal solution for tinea. // Modern Medicine;Dec97, Vol. 65 Issue 12, p45
Announces the availability of the solution form of the antifungal agent terbinafine hydrochloride. Indications; Advantage over the approved cream form.
- Terbinafine (ter-BIN-a-feen) (oral). // Drug Topics;7/8/96, Vol. 140 Issue 13, p71
Features the antifungal agent Terbinafine. Brand name; Dosage and storage of the medicine; Drugs and foods to avoid; Side effects.
- Editorial. Nelson, Mark L. // Anti-Infective Agents in Medicinal Chemistry;2009, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p1
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one on polyfunctional antibiotics affecting bacterial cell membranes and another on a study of plant-derived antifungal agents.