- Booklets to help at-risk youth. // Children Today;Sep/Oct90, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p1
Recommends the `At Risk' series of booklets by the William Gladden Foundation. Reference tools for youth workers; Titles on drugs, delinquency, truancy, abuse, pregnancy, AIDS, and more.
- County Gives Another $5 Million To DeVos Place Construction. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;9/16/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 37, p10
Reports that Kent County commissioners has agreed to give donations for the building project DeVos Place convention center. Amount that has been secured and pledged for the multimillion project.
- Top Area Foundations. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;10/19/2009, Vol. 27 Issue 43, p22
The article presents a list of top area foundations in Michigan, ranked by total assets in 2008, including VanderWeide Family Foundation, Berrien Community Foundation and Barry Community Foundation.
- Blacks volunteer and give more, survey says. // Jet;11/16/92, Vol. 83 Issue 4, p5
Reports that black Americans contributed more of their income to various causes last year, despite the recessions, than did any other group, according to a recent report. Study conducted by Independent Sector, a non-profit coalition of more than 800 voluntary organizations; Over 60 percent of...
- Goodwill moves to outside placements. // Las Vegas Business Press;04/28/97, Vol. 14 Issue 17, p34
No abstract available.
- HNHfoundation awards $500k in 2009 grants. // New Hampshire Business Review;2/12/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p35
The article reports on the grants worth over 500,000 dollars from the HNHfoundation awarded to both statewide and local organizations in New Hampshire in 2009.
- Tackling endowment fund restrictions. Babcock, Jim // Outlook;Winter97, Vol. 64 Issue 4, p48
Presents guidance available in professional standards for endowment fund accounting and reporting in California. Description of endowment fund; Net appreciation on endowment fund; Interpretation of donor-imposed laws.
- Where the buffalo will roam. Williamson, Lonnie // Outdoor Life;Sep92, Vol. 190 Issue 3, p16
Opinion. Considers how buffalo herds were almost wiped out a century ago, but they're now on the comeback trail. How sportsmen are playing an important role in the success of the newly formed Wild Bison Foundation.
- Endowment & foundation index. // Pensions & Investments;7/22/96, Vol. 24 Issue 15, p8
Presents a graph on returns on endowments as of March 31, 1996.
- 10) LITERACY. // Nonprofit World Funding Alert;Dec2010, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p12
The article presents information on the National Endowment for the Arts in Minneapolis, Maine.