- Toni Morrison, Kenneth Clark get honorary degrees during Harvard University graduation. // Jet;6/26/89, Vol. 76 Issue 12, p13
Discusses the honorary doctorate degrees presented by Harvard University in Cambridge, Mass. to two blacks, novelist Toni Morrison and social psychologist Kenneth B. Clark.
- How to get credit for what you know. // Occupational Outlook Quarterly;Summer89, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p18
Discusses how one can earn a diploma or college degree without going to school by proving one's knowledge of the material that would have been covered in class. Study at home; Independent study; Degree programs.
- Pile it on now, reap rewards later. Lauton, Christopher // Executive Report;Nov96, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p34
Focuses on increase in the number of students pursuing dual degrees. Career expectations; Universities that offer dual degree programs in Pennsylvania; Student profiles; Enrollment and interest among students.
- Seasons greeting from Davangere, Karnataka, India. Reddy, V. V. Subba // Journal of the Indian Society of Pedodontics & Preventive Dentis;Jan2009, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p1
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses the terrorist attack in Mumbai, India, the decline of number of applicants seeking admissions for the common entrance test (CET) for dentistry course, and a conference held in Ramoji Film City, Hyderabad.
- Time--shortened degrees. Shoenberg, Robert E. // Liberal Education;Summer94, Vol. 80 Issue 3, p28
Discusses time shortened college degrees in the United States. Experimentation of three-year college degrees by colleges; Financial considerations for the strategy; Negative response to abbreviated bachelor's degree; Concerns for academic integrity.
- PUERTO RICO'S BACHELOR'S DEGREES. // Caribbean Business;7/10/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 27, p46
List the number of bachelor's degree granted for 2001-2002 in Puerto Rico. Business management and administration services; Education; Biological/life sciences; Health professionas and related sciences.
- Pharmacy Programs in West Virginia. // State Journal (WV);3/2/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p18
The article lists several pharmacy programs offered by universities in West Virginia including Doctorate, Bachelor's degree, Associate degree and Certificates in Pharmacy Technology.
- Julie C. // Filipino Post;2/2/2012, p10
The article profiles the Campus Scene model Julie C. with information including on her degree, favorite restaurant, and beauty tip.
- Still a soft female touch for doctorates. Anderson, A. // Nature;8/10/1989, Vol. 340 Issue 6233, p417
Reports on the findings of an annual survey commissioned by the Science and Engineering Education Sector Studies Group at the National Science Foundation showing the number of US science doctorates awarded to women has increased rapidly over the past decade. Distribution in science areas; More...
- Nations with highest percentage of college graduates. // American School & University Exclusive Insight;12/5/2012, p1
The article reports that the U.S. follows Norway in a list of nations with the highest percentage of population aged 25-64 with a 4-year degree as of 2010.