- The alphabet soup of job titles. Wah, Louisa // Management Review;Jun98, Vol. 87 Issue 6, p40
Presents information on the job titles that emerged in the United States companies. Major reason for the emergence of titles; Purpose of creating many of the titles that have emerged in the past; Factors associated with the creation of many job titles. INSET: Briefcase.
- Huh?. Piontek, Steven // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;9/1/97, Vol. 101 Issue 35, p65
Opinion. Focuses on the experience of the author in trying to find out some of the titles which comes after persons' names.
- Title wave. // America's Network;03/01/97, Vol. 101 Issue 9, p58
Presents the `principal executive officer' (PEO), an executive title. Companies which created the title.
- Identity crisis. McGarvey, Robert // Entrepreneur;Apr96, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p74
Focuses on the importance of given employee job titles. Information on how to craft a good job title; Views of Elmer Bugg, a professor of management at Santa Monica College.
- Title entitlements entitled to ridicule. Allen, Bob // Crain's Detroit Business;1/15/96, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p30
Presents a funny discussion on the variety of titles used to designate company and organization positions in Michigan. General guidelines on titles.
- Perceptions of job title: Interior decorator, interior designer and building designer or architect. Wright, Jelaine C.; Wood, B. Jeanneane // Perceptual & Motor Skills;Oct96, Vol. 83 Issue 2, p503
Presents a study where Oregon State University students were asked to rank their job title perceptions reading a summary of the applicable professional's education. View on personality characteristics of trained and untrained professionals; Similarity in ranking of interior decorators and...
- Empowering Career Decision-Making: A Practical Strategy for Using Occupational Information. Geyer, Paul D.; Johnson, Virginia Anne; Hunter, John E. // Journal of Rehabilitation;Oct-Dec98, Vol. 64 Issue 4, p23
Presents information a strategy designed to maximize user confidence in utilizing the Dictionary of Occupational Titles (DOT) information. Overview of the process in generating DOT ratings; Errors made in the DOT process; Practical approach to deal with concerns about reliability.
- Elevated status. // IPA Review;1991, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p42
Presents some suggestions of the London Daily Mail for new job titles in keeping with the trend toward giving ordinary jobs grand titles.
- Corrections. // Stage Directions;Dec2008, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p9
A correction to the article "Exploring New Territory" is presented.
- CORRECTION. // Fairfield County Business Journal;2/20/2012, Vol. 48 Issue 8, p2
A correction to the article "Cloud covered" that was published in the February 13, 2012 issue is presented.