Correction: Frequency, course and correlates of alcohol use from adolescence to young adulthood in a Swiss community survey
- Abstracts. Wright, Merridy // Youth Studies Australia;Spring1994, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p58
Presents an abstract of the paper `On the `invention' of adolescence,' by Frank A. Fasick. Discussion of the `invention' of adolescence in the context of North American urban-industrial society; Discussion of ways in which the application of technology to increase productivity has resulted in...
- Abstracts. Wright, Merridy // Youth Studies Australia;Spring1994, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p59
Presents an abstract of the paper `Catering for the needs of all young adolescents: Towards an integrated approach,' by James Cumming. Presentation of a range of contemporary issues concerning the development of young adolescents; Focus on individuals and groups for whom school has been less...
- Dancing to perdition: Adolescence and leisure in interwar English Canada. Comacchio, Cynthia // Journal of Canadian Studies;Fall97, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p5
Focuses on the formulation of modern adolescence during the interwar period, through the proposed regulation on youthful pastimes. Focus of public discourses of the nineteenth century English-Canadian media; Comparison of adolescents in the nineteenth and twentieth centuries; Definition of...
- Help! // Scholastic Choices;Mar97, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p24
Presents a question-and-answer advisory on teenage problems. Include problems on indifference from an admired individual; Remarriage of a divorced parent; Search for independence.
- The reliability of the family-of-origin scale for adolescents. Manley, C.M.; Searight, H.R. // Adolescence;Spring91, Vol. 26 Issue 101, p89
Presents a study that administers the Family-of-Origin Scale (FOS), a 40-item, ten-subscale measure of family processes, to 88 adolescents on two occasions, with a two-week interval between testings. Determines the FOS's internal consistency reliability; Method; Results.
- Do adolescents help and share? Miller, D. // Adolescence;Summer91, Vol. 26 Issue 102, p449
Collects observational and self-report data on 37 nonhandicapped and handicapped (behavioral disordered) adolescents in public school settings. Helping, sharing, cooperating, comforting, defending, donating, and rescuing were the prosocial behaviors investigated. Method; Results; Discussion;...
- Behaviour & development. Clymo, Philippa // Youth Studies Australia;Spring1995, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p57
Presents an abstract of the paper `Adolescence in modern Europe. Pluralized transition patterns and their implications for personal and social risks,' by L. Chisholm and K. Hurrelmann published in the `Journal of Adolescence.'
- And they call it puppy love. Spock, B. // Redbook;Feb90, Vol. 174 Issue 4, p38
Discusses childhood crushes, which commonly occur from the onset of puberty or adolescence, at 10 to 15 years of age. An important role in a child's developing sexuality; Difference between girls and boys; How parents should react.
- I feel so alone. // Campus Life;May/Jun96, Vol. 54 Issue 10, p10
Presents a question-and-answer advisory on teenage life. Loneliness. Social situations; Character attacks; Friendships; Family problems; Praying. INSET: It's your turn..
- Help! At 11 she's already a teenager. Berkson, B. // Good Housekeeping;Sep88, Vol. 207 Issue 3, p74
The road through adolescence to adulthood can be bumpy and full of limit-testing. Discusses why children grow up so fast; How to know if a child is really entering adolescence; What parents can do to slow the pace.