- Level of hospital charity care depends on who's counting. Reed, Vita // Las Vegas Business Press;12/22/97, Vol. 14 Issue 51, p3
Reports on the difficulty of measuring the level of hospital charity care in Las Vegas, Nevada. Figures of uncompensated cost in Clark County hospitals; Factors contributing to the difficulty of categorizing uncompensated or charity care; Techniques of profit-oriented hospitals in balancing...
- And don't forget to tip. Stevenson, Martin M. // Modern Medicine;Jul96, Vol. 64 Issue 7, p2
Opinion. Comments on a valet parking sign at a Kaiser community hospital which conveyed an upscale image in hospital care. Contradiction to the image of frugality gripping health care.
- Decisions to hospitalize may be related to bed availability as well as diagnosis. // Brown University Long-Term Care Quality Letter;2/27/95, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p9
Reports that significantly different hospital readmission rates for Medicare beneficiaries in Boston and New Haven are linked to available resources rather than case-mix differences. Findings of researchers from Darthmouth Medical School; Similarity in mortality rates; Higher readmission in Boston.
- Implementation of continuing care guidelines in hospital patients. // Age & Ageing;Jan97 Supplement, Vol. 26, p32
Presents an abstract of the study `Implementation of Continuing Care Guidelines in Hospital Patients,' by J. O'Callaghan, A. Cockram et al, presented during the communications to the autumn meeting of the British Geriatrics Society on October 3-4, 1996 in London, England.
- Can complaints improve service? // Age & Ageing;Jan97 Supplement, Vol. 26, p33
Presents an abstract of the study `Can Complaints Improve Service?,' by E. Millar and D.L. Cohen, presented during the communications to the autumn meeting of the British Geriatrics Society on October 3-4, 1996 in London, England.
- For the record. // Modern Healthcare;12/15/97, Vol. 27 Issue 50, p16
Presents information on health care throughout the United States. Information on Charles Kahn, who will become the head of the Health Insurance Association of America; Background information on Kahn; Details on a class-action suit against PacifiCare Health Systems, by its shareholders; Indepth...
- Psychiatric `dumping.' Japsen, Bruce // Modern Healthcare;12/15/97, Vol. 27 Issue 50, p22
Offers a look at psychiatric patients who are transferred from acute-care and specialty hospitals to community-funded facilities for economic reasons. Details on a study by researchers at Yale University School of Medicine and the Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University; Results of...
- Study says patient satisfaction with hospitals is on the rise. // AHA News;11/15/2010, Vol. 46 Issue 23, p6
The article discusses research being done on the responses on the Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems or Hospital Compare survey for hospitals in the U.S., which references a study published in the November 2, 2010 issue of the journal "Health Affairs."
- Winning the race to the bottom of the rain gauge. Reppond, Mary // Malakoff News (TX);1/18/2008, Vol. 99 Issue 3, p4B
The article presents various events in Texas including Jim Bob Warren who was hospitalized, a birthday party and Meryl Scruggs was hospitalized due to stomach problems.
- The size of the spill. Brown, Bernie // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;07/05/98, Vol. 72 Issue 13, p96
Opinion. Focuses on the experience of a patient who mistakenly spilt a cup of water on the hospital floor beside her bed, and requested that the nurse mop it up, being unaware of the hospital policy concerning spills. Who was responsible for this spill according to the policy; Reference to the...