- Who killed Spartacus? Cooper, Duncan // Cineaste;1991, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p18
Criticizes the motion picture `Spartacus,' directed by Stanley Kubrick. Representations; Comparison of Spartacus' vision from the novel and the one projected by the film; Battle scenes; Revisions in the script; Plot; Editing.
- Report on Spartacus. Trumbo, Dalton // Cineaste;1991, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p30
Criticizes the motion picture `Spartacus.' Nature of the Spartacus story; Purpose of war and character; Spartacus as a character; Actors' performances; Defects and errors in the script.
- Picks & pans: Screen. Novak, R. // People;5/13/91, Vol. 35 Issue 18, p20
Reviews the remaking of the 1960 motion picture `Spartacus,` starring Kirk Douglas and Laurence Olivier.
- BLADE RUNNERS. Daly, Steve // Entertainment Weekly;02/23/2001, Issue 583/584, p112
Provides information on the motion picture `Spartacus,' directed by Stanley Kubrick which starred actor Kirk Douglas.
- Video. Kermode, Mark; Dean, Peter // Sight & Sound;Apr95, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p58
Reviews the video tape of the movie `Spartacus,' directed by Stanley Kubrick.
- The fall & rise of `Spartacus.' Sheehan, H. // Film Comment;Mar/Apr91, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p57
Describes the restoration process of the epic film `Spartacus.' Film editor Robert Lawrence; Details of the decision to restore `Spartacus'; Destruction of the film's negative; Additional recollections of Lawrence; More.
- "I'm Spartacus!". Winkler, Martin M. // Cineaste;Summer2009, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p76
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Stanley Kubrick's History Lessons," by Tony Pipolo in volume 34, issue 2 of the journal.
- A funny thing happened on the way to the baths. Denby, D. // New York;5/13/91, Vol. 24 Issue 19, p95
Reviews the newly restored film `Spartacus,' starring Laurence Olivier and Kirk Douglas, and Jennie Livingston's great documentary film `Paris Is Burning.'
- FILM REVIEWS. McCarthy, Todd // Variety;04/23/2001, Vol. 382 Issue 10, p19
Reviews the motion picture `Spartacus,' directed by Stanley Kubrick, released on digital video disc.