Clarifications about pneumococcal vaccines
- Revaccinate against pneumococcal disease? Pinkowish, Mary Desmond // Patient Care;11/30/1994, Vol. 28 Issue 19, p90
Reports that older adults who received the 23-valent pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine six or more years ago may need revaccination. Antibody determinations; Antibody levels against one third of the pneumococcal serotypes.
- Pneumococcal vaccine encore? M.O.R. // Cortlandt Forum;2/25/96, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p112
Responds to queries on administering pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine. Age of vaccine administration; Recommendations for revaccination.
- Conjugate Pneumococcal Vaccines: Need and Choice in India. Malik, Akash // Indian Journal of Community Medicine;Oct-Dec2013, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p189
The authors reflect on the capability of pneumococcal vaccines as a public health tool to reduce the burden of pneumococcal diseases in developing countries including India. They discuss topics such as the common risk factors leading to the development of pneumonia, the interventions targeted on...
- Erratum. // Drugs;2012, Vol. 72 Issue 16, p2176
A correction to the article "Pneumococcal Polysaccharide Conjugate Vaccine (13-Valent, Adsorbed): In Older Adults" that was published in the June 2012 issue is presented.
- New vaccines for the prevention of pneumococcal infections. Kayhty, Helena; Eskola, Juhani // Emerging Infectious Diseases;Oct-Dec96, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p289
Provides information on the capsular polysaccharide vaccine, a vaccine used in the prevention of pneumococcal infections. Properties of the pathogenic bacteria Streptococcus pneumoniae (Pnc); Characteristics of pneumococcal protein vaccine candidates; Results from preclinical and clinical...
- Infant Vaccine Helps Seniors, Too. // AARC Times;Oct2013, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p79
The article discusses a Vanderbilt University research report published in the July 11, 2013 issue of "The New England Journal of Medicine" regarding the benefits of the infant vaccine against pneumococcal bacteria on older adults.
- Pneumococcal vaccine: More and younger? M.O.R. // Cortlandt Forum;08/25/97, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p112
Offers clarifications on recommendations for pneumococcal vaccine concentrate on groups most likely to suffer severe complications from pneumococcal infections. Increase in penicillin-resistant pneumococci as a possible reason for changes in the recommendations.
- CDC updates recommendations for pneumococcal vaccine. // Modern Medicine;Aug97, Vol. 65 Issue 8, p60
Presents an abstract of `Prevention of Pneumococcal Disease: Recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices' from Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Report' dated April 4, 1997.
- CORRECTION. // Annals of Internal Medicine;12/1/2009, Vol. 151 Issue 11, p827
A correction to the article "Who should receive pneumococcal vaccination and when should they receive it?" that was published in the 2009 issue is presented.