- First topical antifungal prescription spray. // American Family Physician;3/1/1998, Vol. 57 Issue 5, p1152
Reports on the approval of terbinafine hydrochloride solution, by the United States Food and Drug Administration. Information on the prescription spray; How the solution should be used.
- Dangerous drug combinations. // Current Health 2;Sep85, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p14
Even medically prescribed drugs can cause serious problems if not taken properly. One factor that compounds the danger of drugs in use is the increasing tendency for people to take more than one drug at a time.
- Drug quackery therapies. // Current Health 2;Mar1986, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p20
Several drugs and therapies are deemed quackery. They are listed here along with some of the products which are disputed.
- Trends in teen drug use. // Current Health 2;Nov86, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p17
Five-year trends by the University of Michigan `Youth Drug Survey' found overall drug use among teens has declined but the rate of cocaine use increased as well as that of alcohol. INSET: Other trends affected by drug use.;Over-the-counter drugs..
- Check your drug awareness. Brown, A. // Current Health 2;May87, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p19
Questions and statements about legal and illegal drugs, over-the-counter and prescription drugs in quiz format. Answers supply explanations of these areas of drugs.
- Squeeze, spray, or drop. Kamberg, M. // Current Health 2;Mar1991, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p14
Provides information on medicines for the eyes and nose. Non-prescription eye drops; Vasoconstrictors; Sunblock for eyes; Nasal decongestants; Nose drops; Prednisone; Cautions. INSET: How to use drops and sprays.;Preventing eye irritation..
- Drugs in the brain. Sommi Jr., R.W. // Current Health 2;Mar1991, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p17
Discusses how drugs get into the brain and what they do once they are in the brain. Blood-brain barrier; Receptor binding; Neurotransmitters; Effect of drugs on receptors.
- Follow the directions on the bottle. // Current Health 1;Jan1993, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p20
Discusses importance of drug compliance, following instructions on prescription drug labels. Serious problems that can result from not following instructions; Reasons some drugs are taken with food while others are not; Taking medicine on time; Significance of expiration dates on medications.
- What's wrong with generic drugs? Merline, J.W. // Consumers' Research Magazine;Dec89, Vol. 72 Issue 12, p11
Covers the recent controversy over the safety and effectiveness of generic drugs. Growth of the generic drug industry; Saving money; What is a generic drug?; Drug variance. INSET: What caused the scandal; Failure of generic drugs?;Generic firms.
- Beware of tanning pills. // Consumers' Research Magazine;Jan1991, Vol. 74 Issue 1, p29
Presents a warning recently issued by the Food and Drug Administration concerning tanning pills, along with excerpts from a report the agency issued in 1982. Background on tanning pills; Health consequences.