- Resonating runner. Bucher, Manfred; McCann, George // Science Teacher;Jan97, Vol. 64 Issue 1, p68
Studies the concept of the natural frequency of a pendulum through the use of a `Resonating Runner' figure. Process involved in using a `Resonating Runner' figure; Ability of the runner to demonstrate resonance.
- Try it! // National Geographic World;Nov95, Issue 243, p31
Presents an activity on how a pendulum works.
- Upgrade of the FOIL pendulum test capability. Hansen, Allen // Public Roads;Dec90, Vol. 54 Issue 3, p249
Presents information about the upgraded pendulum system of the Federal Outdoor Impact Laboratory (FOIL). Reason why the pendulum system was created by FOIL; Purpose of the pendulum system; Features of the upgraded pendulum system; Pendulum system validation using crush characterization and...
- Erratum: 'A Foucault's pendulum design' [Rev. Sci. Instrum. 81, 115102 (2010)]. Salva, Horacio R.; Benavides, Rubén E.; Perez, Julio C.; Cuscueta, Diego J. // Review of Scientific Instruments;Feb2011, Vol. 82 Issue 2, p029902
No abstract available.
- Make a Pendulum. // Highlights;Mar2014, Vol. 69 Issue 3, p32
The article offers step-by-step instructions for making a pendulum.
- Convenient measurement of small impulses. Brost, G.; Deaton, T.; Duvall, B.; Boyle, W.; Tinsley, J.; Bohn, C.; Stephen, M.; Souders, J. // Review of Scientific Instruments;Jan86, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p127
This paper describes a convenient method which has been used for the measurement of small impulses (1ï¿½20 dyn s). An inductive displacement gauge was used to monitor displacement of a ballistic pendulum.
- One-mile equivalent length interferometric pendulum for seismic noise reduction. Giazotto, A.; Passuello, D.; Stefanini, A. // Review of Scientific Instruments;Jun86, Vol. 57 Issue 6, p1145
We describe the performances of a 100-kg, 1-m-long active pendulum provided with a reference arm to get rid of the effects of tilting of the ground. The pendulum displacement with respect to the suspension point is measured interferometrically. The phase signal, to be sent to the actuator which...
- PENDULUM: LEON FOUCAULT AND THE TRIUMPH OF SCIENCE (Book). Peterson, Kim // Magill Book Reviews;
The brilliant, self-taught physicist who perfected the pendulum for scientific use, Lï¿½on Foucault, experienced many struggles and triumphs.
- Mercurial clock. // Quantum Quandaries;1996, pp33
A puzzle about the operation of pendulum clocks in the open air is presented.