- Home birth. Springer, Nachiel P.; Van Weel, Chris // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);11/23/96, Vol. 313 Issue 7068, p1276
Editorial. Discusses the importance of safety in delivering a baby at home. Relative safety of home and hospital birth; Key to good results of home birth; Promotion of home birth in several countries; Responsibility of general practitioners and midwives.
- Prospective regional study of planned home births. Davies, J; Hey, E // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);11/23/96, Vol. 313 Issue 7068, p1302
Explores the experience and outcome of planned home births in Great Britain. Absence of perinatal deaths; Reluctance of general practitioners about half of the booking requests; Claim that they have not been offered any option for place of birth; Great value for home birth; Uncommon general...
- Collaborative survey of perinatal loss in planned and unplanned home births. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);11/23/96, Vol. 313 Issue 7068, p1306
Documents the outcome of planned and unplanned home births in Great Britain. Low perinatal hazard associated with planned home birth; Need for health authorities to address the hazard associated with unplanned home birth; Occurrence in hospital of perinatal deaths associated with planned home...
- Home sweet home. // Mothering;Jul-Sep97, Issue 84, p67
Reports the studies on homebirths. Safety of homebirths; Perinatal mortality in homebirths; Comparison of birth outcomes in hospitals and at home; Number of women who chose homebirth.
- Oisin is born at home. Taylor, Bernadette; Macens, Viktorija // Australia's Parents;Aug95, Issue 86, p28
Looks at the homebirth of Bernadette Taylor's second child, Oisin. Pictures showing homebirth.
- Homebirths on the Rise. // GENESIS;5/20/2011, Vol. 9, p1
The article reports on statistics released in 2011 by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention which found that home births in the U.S. increased by 20% between 2004 and 2008 and discusses an article in the newspaper "USA Today" which discussed reasons why women are choosing home births.
- House calls & home birth. // Herizons;Spring96, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p11
Reports on recommendations by physician Carol Scurfield to include home-birth as an option for midwifery practices in Manitoba. Recommendations for regulating the profession.
- A sensible look at home birth. Pico, Anne // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;May/Jun94, Vol. 78 Issue 3, p56
Discusses the concept of giving birth at home or home birth. Right to freedom of choice in giving birth; United States law and legislation on home birth; Suggested reading of the book entitled `Midwifery and the Law'; Choice of birth attendants; Resources on childbearing and birth services;...
- Homesteading and home birth go hand-in-hand. Campbell, Justine // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;May/Jun96, Vol. 80 Issue 3, p61
Focuses on the philosophies of homebirth and homesteading. Cost of a normal hospital birth; Benefits to birth-at-home.
- Home Birth Resource Bibliography. // GENESIS;4/15/2011, Vol. 6, p1
The article reports on a resource bibliography on home birth literature which is available to members of the child birth organization Lamaze International from the member center of the organization's web site.