- Correction. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;10/27/2009, Vol. 181 Issue 9, p617
A correction to the article "Outcomes of planned home birth with registered midwife versus planned hospital birth with midwife or physician" that was published in the September 15, 2009 issue is presented.
- Home birth. Springer, Nachiel P.; Van Weel, Chris // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);11/23/96, Vol. 313 Issue 7068, p1276
Editorial. Discusses the importance of safety in delivering a baby at home. Relative safety of home and hospital birth; Key to good results of home birth; Promotion of home birth in several countries; Responsibility of general practitioners and midwives.
- Prospective regional study of planned home births. Davies, J; Hey, E // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);11/23/96, Vol. 313 Issue 7068, p1302
Explores the experience and outcome of planned home births in Great Britain. Absence of perinatal deaths; Reluctance of general practitioners about half of the booking requests; Claim that they have not been offered any option for place of birth; Great value for home birth; Uncommon general...
- Collaborative survey of perinatal loss in planned and unplanned home births. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);11/23/96, Vol. 313 Issue 7068, p1306
Documents the outcome of planned and unplanned home births in Great Britain. Low perinatal hazard associated with planned home birth; Need for health authorities to address the hazard associated with unplanned home birth; Occurrence in hospital of perinatal deaths associated with planned home...
- A child comes into the world at home. // Australia's Parents;Autumn95 Special Issue Pregnancy, Issue 81, p42
Features a case of a homebirth in Australia. Criticisms about homebirth; Homebirth midwives; Condition of babies; Advantages of homebirth.
- Home sweet home. // Mothering;Jul-Sep97, Issue 84, p67
Reports the studies on homebirths. Safety of homebirths; Perinatal mortality in homebirths; Comparison of birth outcomes in hospitals and at home; Number of women who chose homebirth.
- Oisin is born at home. Taylor, Bernadette; Macens, Viktorija // Australia's Parents;Aug95, Issue 86, p28
Looks at the homebirth of Bernadette Taylor's second child, Oisin. Pictures showing homebirth.
- Homebirths on the Rise. // GENESIS;5/20/2011, Vol. 9, p1
The article reports on statistics released in 2011 by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention which found that home births in the U.S. increased by 20% between 2004 and 2008 and discusses an article in the newspaper "USA Today" which discussed reasons why women are choosing home births.
- Homebirth. // Australia's Parents;Apr/May97 Supplement Pregnancy, Issue 98, p31
Informs about the facts behind the myths of homebirth. Determining if home birth is right for a woman; Reasons for the high rates of medical intervention in the birth process in Australia; Safety of home births.