- CORRECTION. // Consumer Reports;Jul2008, Vol. 73 Issue 7, p10
A correction to the article "Beware of Overusing Over-the-Counter Pain Relievers" that was published in the June 2008 issue is presented.
- Erratum: Fate of novel painkiller mAbs hangs in balance. // Nature Biotechnology;May2012, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p466
A correction to the article "Fate of novel painkiller mAbs hangs in balance" that was published in the March 9, 2011 issue is presented.
- Erratum. // Clinical Pediatrics;Feb1963, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p60
Presents a correction to the article "Clinical Use of Analgesics: Some Basic Pharmacologic Principles," that was previously published in the January 1963 issue.
- SETTING THE RECORD STRAIGHT. // Time;3/21/2011, Vol. 177 Issue 11, p4
Corrections to the articles "Can Advil Stave Off Parkinson's?" "Chameleon Clint," and "Alternative Alternatives" in the March 14, 2011 issue are presented.
- Ibuprofen. // Current Health 2;Dec85, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p22
Now sold over the counter, ibuprofen blocks the production of prostaglandins which causes pain and inflammation. Ibuprofen also lowers fever and there is less danger of death from an overdose as compared with aspirin. However, there are special precautions consumers need to know.
- Orudis joins over-the-counter analgesics. // Executive Health's Good Health Report;Mar1996, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p8
Features the over-the-counter potent analgesic, ORUDIS KT. Application; Composition; Comments from David Goddard, chief of the Long Island College Hospital's Division of Rheumatology.
- Choosing a pain reliever can be a pain in the neck. // Medical Update;Jan94, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p2
Provides information relevant in selecting a pain reliever. Types of pain reliever; Ingredients; Effectiveness; Label information; Generic drugs.
- A new painkiller. // Newsweek;7/9/1984, Vol. 104 Issue 1, p53
Ibuprofen is the first new painkiller, introduced at a nonprescription drug, in 30 years. It sells under the trade names of Advil and Nuprin. However, there are some bothersome questions about it. Although chemically different from aspirin, the new drug has a similar potential for causing...
- How to pick a pain reliever. // Consumer Reports on Health;Mar1996, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p30
Presents information on how to pick a pain reliever with reference to a number of pain-reliever. Information on over-the-counter pain relievers. INSETS: Comparing pain relief.;Over-the-counter pain relievers.;Summing up.;Precautions on pain relievers.