- Coalition seeks quicker approval of generic Rxs. // Drug Topics;8/7/95, Vol. 139 Issue 15, p24
Reports on the efforts by a coalition of consumer and industry groups to persuade the US Congress to overturn a decision by the US Food and Drug Administration. Postponement of anticipated generic competition for drugs such as Zantac and Capoten; Lobbying efforts by Gray Panthers, the National...
- Canadian study eyes generic drugs' impact. // Chain Drug Review;6/6/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p1
The article presents the results of a study conducted by the University of British Columbia (UBC) which shows that Canada could save approximately 1.3 billion dollars annually if all its provinces were to follow Ontario's policy for reimbursing pharmacies for generic drugs.
- Canadian provinces to cut generic payments. DEARMENT, ALARIC // Drug Store News;2/18/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p38
The article reports on the plan of the Canadian government to reduce the reimbursement for a half-dozen generic drugs in most of the provinces of Canada, which has displeased the Canadian Generic Pharmaceutical Association (CGPA).
- Alberta's decision on generics draws fire. // Chain Drug Review;4/22/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p98
The article reports that pharmacy advocates in Alberta have critised the government's decision to decrease the generic drug prices by 25 percent that would result in result in a 1.95 percent budget cut for the prescription drug program.
- First-time generic approvals. // Formulary;Feb2010, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p42
The article discusses first-time generic drugs approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The drugs include oral risperidone, oral donepezil hydrochloride and ibutilide fumarate injection.
- Drug Firms Drop Suit Against Law For Cheaper Medicines In S. Africa. // Jet;05/14/2001, Vol. 99 Issue 22, p40
Reports that pharmaceutical companies dropped a lawsuit against South Africa's Medicine Control Act, which allowed the government to import generic versions of patented drugs.
- Insurers Praise Bush's Generic Drug Proposal. Brostoff, Steven // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;10/28/2002, Vol. 106 Issue 43, p3
Reports on U.S. President George W. Bush's proposals to increase access to generic drugs. Reactions of insurers and consumer groups; Impact of the proposals on health insurance.
- Generics Grumble. Gopal, Kevin // Pharmaceutical Executive;Dec2000, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p26
Deals with the campaign of the European Generics Association for the European Union to implement rules that would protect their interest. Discussion on the problem facing the generics industry in Europe; Examination on how policy of the European Union on generics research and development...
- Generic drug industry urges approval of Premarin sub. // Drug Store News;6/5/95, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p11
Reports that representatives of the generic drug industry have warned Food and Drug Administration (FDA) commissioner David Kessler that the agency would be setting a dangerous precedent by ignoring a recommendation from its expert advisory committee to approve a generic conjugated estrogen product.