- It's prime time for Lyme. Damsker, Matt // Organic Gardening (08973792);Jul/Aug93, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p18
Warns that summer is the time when you have to keep up your defense against Lyme disease. A potentially serious ailment; Transmitted by the bite of the tiny deer tick (Ixodes scapularis); Black heads and orange abdomens on deer ticks; Bite prevention; What to do with an attached tick; Disease...
- Consumer tips: Lyme disease. // Consumers' Research Magazine;Jul88, Vol. 71 Issue 7, p2
Discusses Lyme disease. Where found; Deer ticks; Symptoms; Prevention.
- Ticked off. Abraham, Laurie // Health (Time Inc. Health);Mar/Apr95, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p86
Presents a feature article on Lyme disease. Difficulty in diagnosing and treating Lyme disease; Tick-borne nature of the disease; New Jersey shore locale of the purported Lyme outbreak; Symptoms of Lyme disease; Allegations of misdiagnosis of Lyme disease by Leonard Sigal of University of...
- The great pretender. Hayes, Karen E.N.; Carter, Kip // Horse & Rider;Jul93, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p40
Warns about the menace of Lyme disease and informs on how to unmask its many disguises and keep your horse from become its next victim. Background of the disease; How ticks carry the disease; Deer tick life cycle; Protection; Symptoms of the disease; Treatment. INSETS: What about you?;The bug...
- Move fast when the tick bites. E.B. // Medical Update;Aug97, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p4
Reports on study findings on Lyme disease. Increase in the threat of the disease based on how long the deer tick remains attached to one's skin; Preventive measures.
- Lyme disease: a tick (ing) bomb. Devery, G. // Outdoor Life;Feb88, Vol. 181 Issue 2, p42
Lyme disease is the most commonly reported tick-borne illness in the US. With the incidence of Lyme disease increasing nationwide, it may pay to be able to recognize the symptoms and the carrier.
- Lyme disease: What makes it tick. Etling, K. // Outdoor Life;May90, Vol. 185 Issue 5, p53
Reports on Lyme disease, which was detected in only two states from 1969 to 1976. Now, only four states have not reported cases. Presents the latest on the tick-borne illness that's plaguing sportsmen all over. INSET: The bite.;Lyme disease: The symptoms..
- A squeeze of Lyme. Mueller, L. // Outdoor Life;Jun91, Vol. 187 Issue 6, p32
Discusses various ways that humans can contract Lyme disease from animals. How Lyme symptoms vary in dogs; New vaccine to protect dogs.
- Quicker detection of Lyme disease now possible. // Outdoor Life;Feb93, Vol. 191 Issue 2, p7
Reports that a major step forward was recently taken that speeds up the ability to detect Lyme disease in individuals. Previous testing; New detection technique known as a polymerase chain reaction (PCR) being researched at New York Medical College.
- Lyme disease: It keeps on ticking. Etling, Kathy // Outdoor Life;Jun93, Vol. 191 Issue 6, p54
Updates information on what's being done to combat Lyme disease. Prevention; Transmission; Effectiveness of Damminix; Vaccines for dogs and humans; Protection; Diagnosis; Treatment; Reported cases of Lyme disease in the United States 1982-1991; Map of incidence of reported Lyme disease in the...